 Marketplace / Auctions / 7516
  Re: This makes me SICK!

(...) Well-- I just heard back from Ebay and they seem to disagree... they said "We have ... determined that the auction falls within our policy guidelines"... they didn't really say why or anything... DaveE (24 years ago, 9-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: This makes me SICK!

(...) Interesting. They have the final say, but I think they should reword their written policy since it is misleading at best. And it does make possible a $0.27 auction for the same information, if that is something you feel like doing. ($0.27 will (...) (24 years ago, 9-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: This makes me SICK!

Someone could also watch who bids on this particular auction. Then email the high bidder with "visit walmart.com" and then they could have the chance to retract their bid. "David Eaton" <deaton@intdata.com> wrote in message (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: This makes me SICK!

(...) No can do, it's a "Buy it now!" auction, first bid ends it. junior (24 years ago, 10-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: This makes me SICK!

(...) FWIW, the seller contacted me on Monday (or yesterday? I forget) and said he's actually gotten more than one "do-gooder" interaction on his auction, his bidders were "...contacted by someone either offering to sell the same set for a little (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: This makes me SICK!

(...) Strike that-- he just posted :) DaveE (24 years ago, 10-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: This makes me SICK!

Here's what I really wrote, and you were absolutely wrong about the ebay rules. Check out my RIS sales! Why do you have to be mad when someone else makes money? You should buy a RIS 1.5 set from me, and leave some negative feedback, but be careful (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: This makes me SICK!

(...) Personal aside (just passing the buck, sorry Charles, if you were indeed wrong) but I tried to be very careful in my wording because I did not actually find the quoted rules which were supposedly in question. Instead I said: (...) I also said: (...) (24 years ago, 10-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: This makes me SICK!

(...) (Please call me "Eric", not "Charles". I gotta get that fixed...) That quote is an exact quote. Here's the web page and a little more context: (URL) Listing Techniques that Circumvent eBay's fee structure Users may not use systems or (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: This makes me SICK!

(...) The sad thing is I instinctively wrote "Eric" first by somehow recalling the "Eric McC" signature, and then went back and deleted it when I actually looked at the posting name... Shame on me! :) (...) Ah! Ok... that makes it a bit more (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jan-01, to lugnet.market.theory, lugnet.market.auction)