 Marketplace / Auctions / 7473
  Help: ebaY Search Weirdness??

G'day folks, Owing to a little bit of Holiday boredom, I've been spending some time browsing ebaY for LEGO. But I've been noticing some strange results in the auction listings that get returned by the search engine. For example, today, I search on (...) (24 years ago, 27-Dec-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Help: ebaY Search Weirdness??

(...) I've often found that my browser is using a cached value of the search page. I wish Ebay would set the page up so that we couldn't cache it, but oh well. Under Netscape, hold down the SHIFT key while clicking reload to force a full reload of (...) (24 years ago, 27-Dec-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Help: ebaY Search Weirdness??

(...) They posted something to their announcement board yesterday about title search being behind. It has been buggy and inconsistent for at least a couple of days. There was an item I had been watching that ended on the 24th IIRC - it has yet to (...) (24 years ago, 28-Dec-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Help: ebaY Search Weirdness??

(...) I'm getting really ticked at this now. Out of 3 different ebay search engines I've tried, the latest auctions listed that I can see are from the 27th, the 26th, and the 26th. And then everything skips the 25th and 24th. Today is the 28th, of (...) (24 years ago, 29-Dec-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Help: ebaY Search Weirdness??

(...) I wouldn't worry about your machine. The item I mentioned earlier as being missing from completed searches is also from the 24th. It is still missing even though older and now more recent items as well appear in the search. The item is stil (...) (24 years ago, 30-Dec-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Help: ebaY Search Weirdness??

(...) In trying to sort this mess out so that I can actually see recent auction listings, I went through every single directory on my machine and deleted anything that looked like a temporary or otherwise unneeded file. I deleted all caches, (...) (24 years ago, 30-Dec-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

"Kyle D. Jackson" <flightdeck@sympatic...mblock.ca> wrote in message news:G6Czu6.A8q@lugnet.com... (...) being (...) missing (...) Is your ISP caching it? Do you have an alternate way to connect to the Net to check? Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com (24 years ago, 30-Dec-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Help: ebaY Search Weirdness??

(...) I don't know, I never would've thought that the ISP would be caching. It's a very large nation-wide service operated by a branch of "the phone company". I don't know if that makes it more or less likely that they would be caching. Overlaid (...) (24 years ago, 30-Dec-00, to lugnet.market.auction)