 Marketplace / Auctions / 7473
Help: ebaY Search Weirdness??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Wed, 27 Dec 2000 14:47:07 GMT

G'day folks,

Owing to a little bit of Holiday boredom, I've been spending some
time browsing ebaY for LEGO.  But I've been noticing some strange
results in the auction listings that get returned by the search
engine.  For example, today, I search on ebay.com for "LEGO" and
sorted with newly-listed stuff first.  The first listing is
Dec-26 21:09 PST.  But ebay's own clock says it is Dec-27 05:44,
over 8 hours later.  Is this lag normal??

I search on ebay.ca (for items available to the USA) and the
listings start at Dec-25 14:11 EST.  Ebay there claims it is
currently 17:14 EST (day unknown), which it is not.  I click
"NEXT" to look at the next page of results, and it jumps back
to Dec-23!

The International search on ebay.com has similar lags and jumps.

It almost seems that whatever my last search results are is what
I keep seeing on new visits.  If I last visited 2 days ago, then
I see those same search results.  It doesn't matter how many
times I hit re-load, flush the cache, change security settings,
whatever, I can't get the search results to update.  Even the
"ebay official time" on the page in the upper right is stuck.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanx,
KDJ

LUGNETer #203, Windsor, Ontario, Canada