 Marketplace / Auctions / 7479
Re: Help: ebaY Search Weirdness??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Fri, 29 Dec 2000 02:36:05 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Christopher Lindsey writes:

I've often found that my browser is using a cached value of the
search page.  I wish Ebay would set the page up so that we couldn't
cache it, but oh well.

Under Netscape, hold down the SHIFT key while clicking reload to
force a full reload of the page irrespective of any caching.  I
don't know how to do it under IE (CTRL-RELOAD?)

Of course, there really could be problems with the search interface.
I've just had the cache problems too many times, though...

I'm getting really ticked at this now.  Out of 3 different ebay
search engines I've tried, the latest auctions listed that I
can see are from the 27th, the 26th, and the 26th.  And then
everything skips the 25th and 24th.  Today is the 28th, of course.

I've tried deleting caches, rebooting, killing security settings,
reloading pages, shift/ctrl/alt/nosescratch-reloads, and nothing
matters.  It's stuck, and I can't get the search results to update.

ebay says everything is just fine and it must be my browser needs
upgrading or something.  I think my machine is going flaky...

KDJ

LUGNETer #203, Windsor, Ontario, Canada