 Marketplace / Auctions / 6877
    Re: What do you do when you never receive your package? —John Hadd
   (...) Yes, That is one thing that really bugs me, The seller who says I will not be responsible for items that are lost or damaged. Go ask your local Postal Inspector if that claim is true, It's not. (...) I should have been more clear in my first (...) (24 years ago, 8-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

        Re: What do you do when you never receive your package? —Rich Manzo
   (...) Why is this? Let me see if I understand- Buyer pays me for item x and does not want insurance or any other service. I ship out the package and it never arrives. How is it my fault that the buyer did not want these services? I dont understand (...) (24 years ago, 8-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

        Re: What do you do when you never receive your package? —John Hadd
     (...) I can't explain the governments logic because I find a lot of what it does to be illogical. But let's say you pay your credit card by mail and the CC company never receives it or cashes the check, you still get charged a late fee, right? They (...) (24 years ago, 8-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

         Re: What do you do when you never receive your package? —Christopher Lindsey
     (...) That does bring up one of my pet peeves. So many people send things requiring a signature on delivery without letting me know (I don't know if Delivery Confirmation falls into this category or not). Anyhow, they would tell me that a signature (...) (24 years ago, 8-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.shipping)

         Re: What do you do when you never receive your package? —John Radtke
      (...) Here, here! Same thing goes for when people ship UPS without any warning. John (24 years ago, 9-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.shipping)

         Re: What do you do when you never receive your package? —Bianca Nebab
     A mail carrier in another newsgroup clued me in to the mysteries of d.c. and insurance earlier this year after some misfortune with the USPS I ran into. He told me that d.c. was designed for the benefit of the sender, as proof that a package was (...) (24 years ago, 9-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.shipping)

         Re: What do you do when you never receive your package? —Frank Filz
     The most recent case of a Postal employee discarding mail was here in Durham NC. Fortunately he got caught. In that instance, most of the mail was mail which was supposed to be forwarded or returned to sender. Your story about the delivery (...) (24 years ago, 9-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.shipping)

        Re: What do you do when you never receive your package? —Rob Doucette
   "Rich Manzo" <Brickfan25@aol.com> wrote in message news:G24B19.IIL@lugnet.com... (...) not be (...) not (...) dont (...) Employees at my local Post Office were very surprised (and confused) to hear that there were 2 Irelands listed at 2 different (...) (24 years ago, 9-Oct-00, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.market.shipping)