 Marketplace / Auctions / 4452
Re: PayPal and X.com Warning
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Sat, 12 Feb 2000 18:33:39 GMT

On Sat, 12 Feb 2000 10:37:12 GMT, John Neal <johnneal@uswest.net>
wrote:

Timbo wrote:

I don't mean to make anyone paranoid, but there is one very serious
problem I see with these services.  Technically in order for a credit
card transaction to be valid there HAS to be a signature.  I know that
people don't alway do this, especially on the Internet and by phone.

<snip>

Even before the internet, I have used my credit cards 100s of times w/o a
signature.  This problem, if there is one, extends *way* beyond X and
PayPal.

-John

     IMHO, On X.com I actually have an overdraft credit line of 1,000,
probably everyone does.  If you refused a charge It would probably
draw into your overdraft then you would be responsible for paying back
X.com, like any other credit account you owe.  That is probably the
entire purpose of giving us the credit line in the first place.

Thomas