 Marketplace / Auctions / 4359
Re: Anybody use PayPal??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Tue, 8 Feb 2000 20:01:10 GMT

In lugnet.market.auction, Alan Demlow writes:
Hi.  I was browsing Ebay listings and noticed a connection to the PayPal
site (paypal.com).  From reading through it, it appears that it's a free
and quite handy, and offers $10 signup and referral bonuses.  Anybody use
it, and what kind of luck have you had (especially with getting payment
from then when you want it)?

I just used PayPal this weekend to expedite a cross country transaction....I
was skeptical at first, but it worked great...

The buyer suggested this method and compensated me $5 of his sign-up bonus.
The benefit to me as a seller was immediate...I could accept a credit card,
get paid in manner of minutes, and ship that day.  Since the transaction can
be verified right away, I shipped w/in 1 hour of confirmation.  The buyer
received the item Monday-I shipped Saturday via Priority Mail.  There is the
added benefit and cost savings for the purchaser in the sense that the
entire transaction could be done on-line without having to get a MO, go to
the Post Office, or write a check.

there is a limit of $5k in transactions over a six month period, which is
plenty for me.....read the rules though....if you try to use this service
for any amount less than $5 you will be charged $5 anyway.  This is a great
way to pick-up a big ticket item like a Metroliner or a pirate ship, for
example.

I am encouraging people to use this service when they buy from me, since I
get some $ and so do they.  I also prefer to finish deals ASAP, so they
don't hang out in Lego-limbo.