 Marketplace / Auctions / 4449
    my first "high bidder backing out on me" eBay experience —Mike Stanley
   Well, I guess it was bound to happen. Not a Lego auction, which doesn't surprise me. The guy isn't a newbie (has a feedback of 16) but he claims that in his haste he assumed something about a Gameboy I listed that is absolutely not stated in the (...) (25 years ago, 12-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

        Re: my first "high bidder backing out on me" eBay experience —Thomas D. Fulk, Jr.
     (...) If he makes good on it I would let it go at that. Every one of us has made a mistake somewhere along the line at one time or another, and if all his other feedback is good it was probably just an honest mistake. Thomas (25 years ago, 12-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

        Re: my first "high bidder backing out on me" eBay experience —Jan-Albert van Ree
     Mike Stanley schreef: (...) I think you're indeed dealing with somebody honest, so I wouldn't push it too hard. If you can make the sale with the secondhighest bidder and he pays the difference, I think you should be VERY happy things worked out so (...) (25 years ago, 12-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

        Re: my first "high bidder backing out on me" eBay experience —Gene C. Weissinger
     filing a non-paying bidder form for fee credit is a losing battle. BEWARE! The last (and only) time I tried to do this the other party - highest bidder - replied to Ebay stating that I told him not to worry about it (a lie) thus making Ebay have to (...) (25 years ago, 12-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

         Re: my first "high bidder backing out on me" eBay experience —Frank Filz
       Eugwe Coral wrote in message ... (...) I would still hope that eBay would still refund the difference in fees for what you ultimately got for the item and what they charged based on his bid, since you're telling him that "it's ok" is not telling (...) (25 years ago, 12-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

         Re: my first "high bidder backing out on me" eBay experience —Mike Stanley
     (...) Hrmmm.... interesting. Well, he seems sincerely apologetic (replied twice saying so) and has promised to make up whatever difference there may be. Still disappointing, though. (25 years ago, 12-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

        Re: my first "high bidder backing out on me" eBay experience —Frank Filz
      Mike Stanley wrote in message ... (...) I'd say that if he follows through with making up the difference, you've come out ahead, and have been at least partly compensated for the extra time, since if he hadn't bid in the first place, chances are (...) (25 years ago, 12-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

        Re: my first "high bidder backing out on me" eBay experience —Kevin Wilson
     (...) The few times this has happened to me (including my very first eBay auction!), the second high bidder has been eager to buy the item, so it's never been a problem. Kevin (25 years ago, 12-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

        Re: my first "high bidder backing out on me" eBay experience —Mike Poindexter
     My personal opinion is that you can hardly ask for more from the guy, short of forcing him to take it. I handle a lot of sales and find that such people like your bidder are few and far between. Although it may seem wrong to some, I would personally (...) (25 years ago, 13-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

        Re: my first "high bidder backing out on me" eBay experience —Scott Arthur
   (I'm not sure this message belongs in this group?) What I would do: 1. Offer the item to the buyer one last time. 2. Ask the buyer to pay your fees. 3. If the last two fail, reclaim a credit. The other bidders may not bite as: 1. They may think (...) (25 years ago, 13-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

        Re: my first "high bidder backing out on me" eBay experience —Mike Stanley
   (...) Yeah, me either. Followups set to .theory. (...) Not really an option for me, since I understand (that he claims) he bid on the Gameboy thinking it was a Color Gameboy (which it isn't) and that his daughter only wants a Color Gameboy. Now (...) (25 years ago, 13-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.auction)