 Marketplace / Auctions / 4472
Re: my first "high bidder backing out on me" eBay experience
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Sun, 13 Feb 2000 17:18:51 GMT

On Sun, 13 Feb 2000 13:02:16 GMT, "Scott-A"
<scott-arthur@eh105jb.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

(I'm not sure this message belongs in this group?)

Yeah, me either.  Followups set to .theory.

What I would do:
1. Offer the item to the buyer one last time.

Not really an option for me, since I understand (that he claims) he
bid on the Gameboy thinking it was a Color Gameboy (which it isn't)
and that his daughter only wants a Color Gameboy.

Now Color Gameboys a) are called Color Gameboys and b) have the word
COLOR on them (mine has a pic) in rainbow colors.  Neither of those
things are in my listing, but hey, he could be the typical
out-of-touch with the gaming market parent.

This Gameboy was actually bought by me in December for my little
brother because my Mom told me he wanted one for Christmas.  Turns out
he wanted a Playstation.  I kept the Gameboy Pocket and bought him a
VCR (got a great deal on it - $64 for a $180 VCR) which he needed more
than a Playstation.

2. Ask the buyer to pay your fees.

If I were unable to sell it, I would definitely do this, and I think
he would agree.  Luckily, the 2nd highest bidder agreed to take it, so
I will only ask the high bidder to make up the difference.

The other bidders may not bite as:
1. They may think there is a problem with the item.

Well, I was very honest with the second highest bidder.  Explained to
her the misunderstanding on the high bidder's part, and offered her
the chance to take it or not.  Luckily she took it.

--
The parts you want and nothing else?