 Marketplace / Auctions / 4448
Re: Pre Auction Anouncment/Sale/Trade - Parts & Sets (8448 / 7171 / Pirates)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Sat, 12 Feb 2000 16:17:59 GMT

Mike Stanley wrote in message ...
You're a smart guy, do what Larry said - agree to NOT be lazy and agree to
keep auction-related stuff only in bst, and agree that should you choose to • be
lazy and do a bad thing again, you'll accept being banned from bst for good
without complaint.

Ok, I've had a night to sleep on my thoughts...

The problem I have with any thought of permanently banning Scott from BST
(or anyone for that matter) for the next infraction is that Scott's posting
is nowhere near the scale of the only individual which a formal process of
deciding how to handle his posting habits was ignited for. The result of
that formal process was a probationary period, and that individual has
elicited a few "you're starting to stray" notices.

I don't know what was going on in Scott's mind when the earlier situation of
the repeated wrong posting followed by an apology occurred, but this current
situation is nothing at all like that, and in fact, what Scott was
attempting to do was in general ok, just poorly worded (and perhaps
erroneously crossposted into lugnet.market.auction).

I don't want to see Lugnet turn into something which would really justify
the "compartmentalized dorks" post from RTL of a few months ago. I do
strongly desire posts to be kept in the right place, but lets not go
ballistic and destroy our community over minor transgressions, when far more
serious transgressions happen on a monthly if not more often frequency, and
seem to create no major stir.

Frank