 Marketplace / Auctions / 4348
Re: Finding Older Lego in Alaska (off topic)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 2000 03:35:35 GMT

Tania Clucas wrote in message ...

In lugnet.market.auction, Tom Stangl writes:
I'm going to Alaska in June and am hoping that I find
some toy store with old LEGOs. If a toy store in downtown Miami can have • six-
year old sets, I'm going with high hopes.

Good luck! I live here and I scour all the stores I can find. However, I'm • a
castle collector, and from my 1+ years of lurking, I've rather gathered • you're
not a castle person. So you might have better luck than I do.

But come on up to Alaska anyway, we'd be glad to have you visit.

Last year, I got a good haul from Alaska. I got pointed to a Tru-Value
hardware store, and ordered a ton of pirate stuff, plus a couple other sets.
I think the store was in Anchorage. The nice part was I didn't have to go to
Alaska to get the stuff, they were happy to ship it to me. I keep wondering
if I should give them a call and find out if any of the stuff I didn't buy
is still there, with where I've gone now with my buying, I should have
bought everything they had.

Frank