 Marketplace / Auctions / 3170
  Wow, check out the size of this ship! (Not my auction)

Just look at all of those gray bricks. Of course, they are probably all glued together :-( (URL) (25 years ago, 11-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.general)

  Re: Wow, check out the size of this ship! (Not my auction)

It looks like the model they put in the LEGO Imagination Centers. BTW: If you have something that big and are expecting a lot of money, why would you start at $500 and still have a reserve? Why wouldn't you just start at your minimum required price? (...) (25 years ago, 11-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.general)

  Re: Wow, check out the size of this ship! (Not my auction)

(...) Could it also explain why a) Sellers emphasis that a auction has "no reserve", but give it a high starting price? b) Sellers set a reserve which _is_ the starting price? Scott A (25 years ago, 11-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.general)

  Re: Wow, check out the size of this ship! (Not my auction)

(...) Maybe you're right... But they have one of those at a Toys R Us in my area. (25 years ago, 11-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.auction, lugnet.general)

  Re: Wow, check out the size of this ship! (Not my auction)

(...) Well, my only thought is that it prevents people from bidding under $500 at all... it could be that if the seller gets 1 bid for $500 and no other bids that the seller re-thinks his reserve price and sells it for $500... however, if there was (...) (25 years ago, 11-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Wow, check out the size of this ship! (Not my auction)

(...) I agree with whoever said Toy's R US. I've seen these (or something that this reminds me of) in several TRUs. (...) I think it's to keep from scaring people off. If I'm selling something with a reserve of $5000, I might start the bidding at a (...) (25 years ago, 11-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: Wow, check out the size of this ship! (Not my auction)

eBay has a new reserve policy, I think which says the minimum must be at least 25% of the reserve. Maybe he wants $2,000 for it. Whatever he wants, I think $500 is too much. -- Have fun! John The Legos you've been dreaming of... (URL) weird Lego (...) (25 years ago, 12-Nov-99, to lugnet.market.theory)