 Marketplace / Auctions / 2683
    What happened to Larrys' eBay Hopper Auctions? —Derick Bulkley
   Each of them comes up with an invalid ID... Derick (25 years ago, 9-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

        Re: What happened to Larrys' eBay Hopper Auctions? —Larry Pieniazek
   eBay terminated all of them as well as the empty box, claiming they contained gratuitious comments or opinions. I am presuming that eBay takes this action at the request of someone, so I guess I am definitely on someone's list for harassment now. (...) (25 years ago, 9-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

        Re: What happened to Larrys' eBay Hopper Auctions? —James Brown
     (...) I don't suppose they bothered to clarify what the gratuitious bits were? (...) Yup. James (URL) (25 years ago, 10-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

        Re: What happened to Larrys' eBay Hopper Auctions? —Scott Arthur
   What comments did you make? Who complained? (25 years ago, 11-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

        Re: What happened to Larrys' eBay Hopper Auctions? —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) Here's (part of, the part I think did it) the text of the 4536 listing that got canned. I removed this part and replaced it with a more bald statement that I got the hoppers from Busy Bee and no comments. The rest of the listing remains (...) (25 years ago, 11-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

        Re: What happened to Larrys' eBay Hopper Auctions? —Christopher L. Weeks
   (...) Unfortunate. It would be interesting to see how much damage we (as a group) could do to their feedback rating as punishment for wanting to scam folks and getting pissy when someone tries to educate buyers. Chris (25 years ago, 13-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

        Re: What happened to Larrys' eBay Hopper Auctions? —Larry Pieniazek
     I would specifically ask people not to do that, it smacks of a petty brawl and we're better than that, right? (...) (25 years ago, 13-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

         Re: What happened to Larrys' eBay Hopper Auctions? —Christopher L. Weeks
     (...) That's fine especially since we don't know who exactly has affected your listings that way. But I disagree. If one person is going to use a system (that they have the right to) in order to punish you for trying to make things right, why not (...) (25 years ago, 18-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

        Re: What happened to Larrys' eBay Hopper Auctions? —Scott Smallbeck
   (...) I thought our goal was to educate the sellers so that they do not take advantage of people. I do not feel I have a right to try and educate people bidding on someone else's auction. Feedback is supposed to be a ruler of how good/bad the seller (...) (25 years ago, 13-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

        Re: What happened to Larrys' eBay Hopper Auctions? —Christopher L. Weeks
   (...) I don't know about you, but I have the right to educate anyone I want to as long as it doesn't bother them. I tought Larry's goal was to educate buyers that are getting ripped off. (...) This suggests that you think something else has (...) (25 years ago, 18-Oct-99, to lugnet.market.auction)