 Marketplace / Auctions / 2747
Re: What happened to Larrys' eBay Hopper Auctions?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 1999 18:06:14 GMT

Christopher Weeks <clweeks@eclipse.net> wrote:

getting pissy when someone tries to educate buyers.

I thought our goal was to educate the sellers so that they do not take
advantage of people.  I do not feel I have a right to try and educate people
bidding on someone else's auction.

Feedback is supposed to be a ruler of how good/bad the seller is.  If I have
a misleading description for an item I am selling I would hope you would
first contact me via e-mail to let me know where my error is.  If I fail to
respond to this or act all high and mighty about the buyers not knowing
squat then a feedback entry is warranted as a reflection of my bad attitude
towards my customers.

Listing an item that is readily available, i.e. through S@H without
embellishing the rarity of the item does not warrant bashing of the seller.
Anyone has the right to sell any item and if it is listed honestly then
there shouldn't be any room for complaint just because the price gets bid
up.

I have a lot on Ebay right now that is selling for $8.00.  I know I can go
and buy this item at eToys for $7.80.  Should I add a description to my item
pointing out that they are getting ripped off if they bid higher?  Should
someone leave me feedback letting my bidders know about it?  I don't think
so.

Hmmm.... this must be the longest post I have ever written.  Feels pretty
good up on this soapbox, maybe that is why everyone likes being up here!

--
Scott Smallbeck
scotts@contactics.com