 Marketplace / Auctions / 2799
Re: What happened to Larrys' eBay Hopper Auctions?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 04:09:52 GMT

Scott Smallbeck wrote:

Christopher Weeks <clweeks@eclipse.net> wrote:

getting pissy when someone tries to educate buyers.

I thought our goal was to educate the sellers so that they do not take
advantage of people.  I do not feel I have a right to try and educate people
bidding on someone else's auction.

I don't know about you, but I have the right to educate anyone I want to
as long as it doesn't bother them.  I tought Larry's goal was to educate
buyers that are getting ripped off.

Feedback is supposed to be a ruler of how good/bad the seller is.  If I have
a misleading description for an item I am selling I would hope you would
first contact me via e-mail to let me know where my error is.  If I fail to

This suggests that you think something else has happened.  The sellers
in question know what's going on.  They have been educated and probably
never needed it.

respond to this or act all high and mighty about the buyers not knowing
squat then a feedback entry is warranted as a reflection of my bad attitude
towards my customers.

I agree.

Anyone has the right to sell any item and if it is listed honestly then
there shouldn't be any room for complaint just because the price gets bid
up.

Right.  And?

I have a lot on Ebay right now that is selling for $8.00.  I know I can go
and buy this item at eToys for $7.80.  Should I add a description to my item
pointing out that they are getting ripped off if they bid higher?  Should
someone leave me feedback letting my bidders know about it?  I don't think
so.

Should is a funny thing.  No, I would say not.  But if it happened, so
what?  Also, the key difference is that sets not readily available
through normal retail channels are being sold as rare and the money
people are making is strictly a result of lack of information disbursement.

Chris