 Marketplace / Auctions / 209
208  |  210
Subject:
eBay lego sniping? Why it is a problem?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Thu, 29 Oct 1998 22:54:36 GMT

I'm both a seller and buyer of lego stuff on eBay, as I clear out some
sets to make way for others. I fail to understand why people get upset
over "sniping". If there is something I want on eBay, I put in the
maximum amount I'm willing to pay for it. If I get it, I'm thrilled. If
I don't get it, I didn't overspend. Just because I bid $200 for
something and the final price ends at $205 does not mean that the last
bidder put in a price of $205. They could have put in a price of $240,
which would have still resulted in the final price of $205. If someone
beats my maximum bid, how can I be upset unless it really wasn't what I
was willing to pay?
If I'm willing to pay more, I put in that much to begin with. The only
exception is when there is more than one of the same thing, and I want
to see if I can get the first one before I get the second. Are people
forgetting how eBay works, or am I missing something here? The last
thing I want to do is upset fellow lego enthusiasts, and if there is
something inherently wrong in the way eBay operates, I need to know as
an eBay seller. Comments, anyone?

Adam

bwappo@ee.net