 Marketplace / Auctions / 1855
Re: pre-auction announcement
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.auction
Date:
Mon, 28 Jun 1999 14:25:48 GMT

dkrenz wrote:

Chris, you may want to reconsider before you list some of these lots up
for
auction. I'm sure you realize each lot will cost you a minimum of .25 to
go on eBay, plus the final value fee. Browsing thru the list I don't
see the point of putting some of the lots up. For example, 10 red 2x4
red bricks,
let's say someone valued them at .05 each,final value.50 that's .26 to
ebay,
and .25 to you. For .25 why not just keep the bricks? 2 yellow 2x8s
won't
leave much in your pocket either. I can only guess your reasoning is
that
someone may be very interested in a few lots, and as long as they are
bidding on
those, they may as well bid on some other smaller lots.

Actually, it's as much an experiment as an attempt to seek maximal
profit.  I kept most things broken into lots that I thought would
receive a bid.  At $.28 - where I started every single lot - I'll make
no money.  $.25 to list and $.03 as comission go to ebay.  But I won't
lose either.  This may be a flop, but I (and we) will have learned something.

Sometime in July eBay is going to have a free listing day to make up for
the
system problem fiasco they had a few weeks ago. They didn't give an

That would be worth taking advantage of.  I'll try to get the next one
ready for that, if I'll do a next one.  (Ideally, they'll lose the
system for a day and refund all my fees like they did a couple weeks ago :-)

Thanks for the comments.

--
Sincerely,

Christopher L. Weeks