 Marketplace / Auctions / 1840
  pre-auction announcement

Greetings all, I will be attempting a largish parts auction on eBay beginning soon. (Tomorrow if all goes well.) Because of the way it will be set up, late bids will cost bidders more than early bids. Thus, I am advertising the auction prior to (...) (25 years ago, 24-Jun-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: pre-auction announcement

Chris, you may want to reconsider before you list some of these lots up for auction. I'm sure you realize each lot will cost you a minimum of .25 to go on eBay, plus the final value fee. Browsing thru the list I don't see the point of putting some (...) (25 years ago, 24-Jun-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: pre-auction announcement

(...) I have started this auction. Please see (URL) the eBay lots. I also have an aquarium for sale, so excuse it's intrusion on that list :-) Each lot has a tile, sometimes descriptive text, a picture, and information about the auction as a whole. (25 years ago, 25-Jun-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: pre-auction announcement

(...) Wow, Rachael would kill for that tank. I'll forward the link to her - see what she thinks about borrowing a truck and driving to Missouri. :) (25 years ago, 25-Jun-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: pre-auction announcement

(...) I've been bidding away, but one thing I have to say, I find the e-mail interface of something like Auczilla easier to use, waiting for eBay to respond sometimes is painfull... (25 years ago, 25-Jun-99, to lugnet.market.theory)

  Re: pre-auction announcement

(...) It's still rolling along. The weekend was, on the whole, pretty unimpressive. There are lots and lots of lots still at $.28 which is where I started everything. You really can't lose at that price. Swing on by and pick up a few dozen lots, (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jun-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: pre-auction announcement

(...) Actually, it's as much an experiment as an attempt to seek maximal profit. I kept most things broken into lots that I thought would receive a bid. At $.28 - where I started every single lot - I'll make no money. $.25 to list and $.03 as (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jun-99, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: pre-auction announcement

(...) I agree. It's worth your time to wade through eBay's slow response for a quite desirable item, but less so for little lots like I'm currently selling. I guess I'll not use eBay for this kind of lot auction. Or only use it for bigger lots, (...) (25 years ago, 28-Jun-99, to lugnet.market.theory)