 Marketplace / Auctions / *4463 (-20)
  Re: my first "high bidder backing out on me" eBay experience

(...) The few times this has happened to me (including my very first eBay auction!), the second high bidder has been eager to buy the item, so it's never been a problem. Kevin (25 years ago, 12-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

Eugwe Coral wrote in message ... (...) I would still hope that eBay would still refund the difference in fees for what you ultimately got for the item and what they charged based on his bid, since you're telling him that "it's ok" is not telling (...) (25 years ago, 12-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: my first "high bidder backing out on me" eBay experience

(...) Hrmmm.... interesting. Well, he seems sincerely apologetic (replied twice saying so) and has promised to make up whatever difference there may be. Still disappointing, though. (25 years ago, 12-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: my first "high bidder backing out on me" eBay experience

Mike Stanley wrote in message ... (...) I'd say that if he follows through with making up the difference, you've come out ahead, and have been at least partly compensated for the extra time, since if he hadn't bid in the first place, chances are (...) (25 years ago, 12-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: PayPal and X.com Warning

(...) I've seen a range of 200 to 5,000 just in the amounts my friends, ranging from college kids with no credit, to "older folks" who have a more established track record. I'd wager they go higher (and lower - someone told me they were turned (...) (25 years ago, 12-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: my first "high bidder backing out on me" eBay experience

filing a non-paying bidder form for fee credit is a losing battle. BEWARE! The last (and only) time I tried to do this the other party - highest bidder - replied to Ebay stating that I told him not to worry about it (a lie) thus making Ebay have to (...) (25 years ago, 12-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: PayPal and X.com Warning

(...) It seems to vary by person. I suspect they run a credit report on each person as part of sign up. I know I would if I were architecting the business process... I know it varies because mine is different than yours. I won't say how much (...) (25 years ago, 12-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Mike's Auction update 1

Prices will be in UK Sterling and postage added at the close which will be in approximately two weeks. Closing will be after the usual G1 and G2 posts. I reserve the right to withdraw items if there is insufficient interest or none at all ! Please (...) (25 years ago, 12-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Auction update 1

(...) updates belong in (...) for some (...) you tried to (...) because it wants (...) data itself (...) it just like (...) Aaaaagh Now I see ! Plain text it shall be ! Multo apologioso ! Michael Pratt (25 years ago, 12-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  FA (Ebay) Auctions ending today !!

I have a group of auctions ending today. Take a look, some still have no bids, and others are still at the low opening of $1. I have others that will be closing on Monday and Wednesday. Good luck and happy bidding. Here are links to just a couple of (...) (25 years ago, 12-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: my first "high bidder backing out on me" eBay experience

Mike Stanley schreef: (...) I think you're indeed dealing with somebody honest, so I wouldn't push it too hard. If you can make the sale with the secondhighest bidder and he pays the difference, I think you should be VERY happy things worked out so (...) (25 years ago, 12-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: PayPal and X.com Warning

(...) IMHO, On X.com I actually have an overdraft credit line of 1,000, probably everyone does. If you refused a charge It would probably draw into your overdraft then you would be responsible for paying back X.com, like any other credit account you (...) (25 years ago, 12-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: my first "high bidder backing out on me" eBay experience

(...) If he makes good on it I would let it go at that. Every one of us has made a mistake somewhere along the line at one time or another, and if all his other feedback is good it was probably just an honest mistake. Thomas (25 years ago, 12-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Pre Auction Anouncment/Sale/Trade - Parts & Sets (8448 / 7171 / Pirates)

(...) Home Bargains methinks !!! Michael Pratt (25 years ago, 12-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  my first "high bidder backing out on me" eBay experience

Well, I guess it was bound to happen. Not a Lego auction, which doesn't surprise me. The guy isn't a newbie (has a feedback of 16) but he claims that in his haste he assumed something about a Gameboy I listed that is absolutely not stated in the (...) (25 years ago, 12-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Pre Auction Anouncment/Sale/Trade - Parts & Sets (8448 / 7171 / Pirates)

Mike Stanley wrote in message ... (...) be (...) Ok, I've had a night to sleep on my thoughts... The problem I have with any thought of permanently banning Scott from BST (or anyone for that matter) for the next infraction is that Scott's posting (...) (25 years ago, 12-Feb-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: [FA] - eBay -Custom Hopper in last days, 4536

(...) There I go, trusting what eBay told me again.... when I started it I got a warning that it would end during maint. Sigh. I still stand behind the idea even if I didn't happen this time. (25 years ago, 12-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  FA : 5 LEGO #7171 Mos Espa Podrace Sets (MISB)

5 Sets. 1 lot. (URL) you follow my auction regularlly, please note that I posted this one as a 7 day one in error. If you bid, good luck! Scott A (25 years ago, 12-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Auction: 8880 2140 1254 1255 (update 6)

Hello Folks This a small auction of 4 items: set #: Set name: Bid: Bidder: Status: 8880 Technic Supercar 150 Michael Donald Banas sold 2140 ANWB Road Assistance 36 Yvonne Doyle 1254 Shell Select Shop 15 Danny 1255 Shell Car Wash 15 Danny All sets (...) (25 years ago, 12-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: PayPal and X.com Warning

(...) <snip> Even before the internet, I have used my credit cards 100s of times w/o a signature. This problem, if there is one, extends *way* beyond X and PayPal. -John (25 years ago, 12-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact