 Marketplace / Auctions / *4308 (-10)
  Re: Yet another CLUELESS about MIB

Doug Finney <dfinney@wt.net> wrote in message news:FpDEwp.GBz@lugnet.com... (...) [snip] (...) Highly agreed! Although it is easy to pick a person apart on listings, let's save our energy attacking and slandering the people who list sets currently (...) (25 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Yet another CLUELESS about MIB

In lugnet.market.auction, Mike Poindexter writes: Ignoring the nitpicking (polybags and 50's/60's sets)... (...) No, I think the disagreement is more about what is in mint condition, not what mint is. The title of the auction in question was "LEGO (...) (25 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Yet another CLUELESS about MIB

massive editing for space I believe time has come to stop arguing about dictionary definitions. More often than not what a word actually means in context is different from the definition. In the context of a collectable "whatever" environment, in (...) (25 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Yet another CLUELESS about MIB

massive editing for space I believe time has come to stop arguing about dictionary definitions. More often than not what a word actually means in context is different from the definition. In the context of a collectable "whatever" environment, in (...) (25 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: FT: Classic Castle minifigs Update #1

I agree Lar. Leaving the ring on is just tacky. Eric (...) (25 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

Steve Bliss <blisses@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:gbaZOHyTkFg2Xct...4ax.com... (...) a (...) Consulting Websters Dictionary, mint is defined as: adj. not marred or soiled, as if new. That once again defines a level of condition, not (...) (25 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: Yet another CLUELESS about MIB

(...) 'Mint', in a perfect world, means *perfect*. In a slightly more realistic world, it means 'in the same condition as it left the factory'. 'Mint' is a heavily misused and abused term. (In the eBay world, 'Mint' means 'I really want to sell this (...) (25 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  Re: FT: Classic Castle minifigs Update #1

(...) You leave the ring on while you're smoking it? Uk. I always take it off. Therefore I don't need to simulate it in my model, which is already alight. (25 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

  (canceled)

  Re: FT: Classic Castle minifigs Update #1

(...) But how'ya going to do the ring on the cigar? A sticker? Augh! No! Say it ain't so! Could have one yellow 2x2 round in the middle of the browns. Steve (25 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.market.auction)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact