 Marketplace / Appraisal / 612
Re: Completed Auction set 1552 Maersk Truck
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.appraisal
Date:
Tue, 21 May 2002 08:06:28 GMT

Unfortunately, it sort of looks
like he may have got bid up by someone just fooling around since the 2nd
highest bid is from someone with no feedback.

If there is one thing worse than bidding against a person with 0 feedback,
it's bidding against a person with -1 feedback and a non-payer bidder comment
to go with it.

Ok, ok, you should never bid more than a set is worth. But there is no
absolute "worth", it is what the market will pay for it. However, if the
"market" is a non-paying bidder, it is real or illusion? Personally I don't
want to bid against such a person if they are creating an artificial sense of
"value" by bidding without intending to pay. On the other hand, if I don't bid
against them, then they can get the item at a lower price as a "reward" for
previous being a non-paying bidder and I miss out. Interesting dilemna.

I must admit I had wondered what would have happened if the Lego Direct's
auctions for Sante Fe #1 etc had a -1 bidder in the game. Now that would have
been very interesting to watch.

Kerry