 Marketplace / Appraisal / 613
Re: Completed Auction set 1552 Maersk Truck
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.appraisal
Date:
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 18:58:26 GMT

In lugnet.market.appraisal, Brendan Coughlin writes:
Hello!

Ahhh, I was HOPING someone would have seen this auction.  I have a few
comments.  First of all, for those of you who don't know, this set has been
on eBay four separate times.  The first time, I bought the set MIB.
However, it was missing a couple of the blue pieces.  That's okay, because I
got the set for $55.  I KNEW how rare this set and I put in a large amount.

The second one went up for auction about, ohhhh, 2 months ago?  The set was
MISB which I thought was impressive.  I can't think of the high bidder but
the set sold for around the ballpark of $200!!!

Hi, I am new to Lugnet. I got this set at eBay for 224 dollars. I do feel
very lucky. The woman who sold this really had no idea how big Lego is and
was surprised at the amount she got for it. I am fortunate indeed because
the one that went for 1525 dollars was 'advertised' on r.t.l., so it got a
lot more attention, IMO.
BTW this is the coolest Lego site on the web, and Bricklink is the most
invaluble.

See'ya, Dave