 Marketplace / Appraisal / 609
Re: Completed Auction set 1552 Maersk Truck
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.appraisal
Date:
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 21:49:39 GMT

In lugnet.market.appraisal, Frank Filz writes:
Well, the winner is esc1 who seems to have very deep pockets, so I have
no doubt the auction will be paid for. Unfortunately, it sort of looks
like he may have got bid up by someone just fooling around since the 2nd
highest bid is from someone with no feedback.

I am curious as to why you may think this Frank.  I just looked at the
bidding history, and as far as I could tell the zero feedback bidder doubled
the bid some days ago.  The winning bidder seems to have placed two bids
towards the end -- indicating to me that they thought the price was fair, or
in some way worth it to them for some reason.

As usual with stuff like this, I think its a completely nutty price to pay
for that set.  We are definitely in the territory of the bigger fool and
something akin to tulip mania -- but whatever...

A quick googling gave me this URL:
http://www.ricedelman.com/planning/investing/tulipbulbs.asp

-- Hop-Frog