 Marketplace / Appraisal / 606
Re: Completed Auction set 1552 Maersk Truck
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.appraisal
Date:
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 18:19:14 GMT

Kevin Salm wrote:

The following URL is for a completed Ebay auction of Maersk promotional
set # 1552 from 1985 (MIB)  http://guide.lugnet.com/set/1552

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1724936468

The auction final price was 1525 US Dollars.  I guess this means that
some people really wanted this set and would pay almost any amount.
I have dealt with this particular seller (Peter Eikenboom) a few times
in the past and know him to be fair, honest, and knowledgeable of Lego.
Assuming he will get paid for this auction and assuming that he purchased
this item to re-sell for profit, I am sure he has realized a substantial
net gain.

Well, the winner is esc1 who seems to have very deep pockets, so I have
no doubt the auction will be paid for. Unfortunately, it sort of looks
like he may have got bid up by someone just fooling around since the 2nd
highest bid is from someone with no feedback.

Frank