 Marketplace / Appraisal / 544
543  |  545
Subject:
Insurance....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.appraisal
Date:
Wed, 12 Dec 2001 18:33:12 GMT

Hi all.  This is my first post to the appraisal area, as I am confident
someone out there would have an answer to my question.  A recent discussion
in the Star Wars group got me thinking about how much money I've actually
invested in bricks.  The alarming dollar estimation then forced the
question, "what if my apartment suffered a fire or some other disaster that
melted or otherwise decimated the LEGO collection that I sunk at least
$2,000.00 into?"
     I do have current renter's insurance, but the agent I recently spoke to
said LEGO bricks are considered a specialty item that must be appraised in
order to insure.  My collection consists of Star Wars sets only.  How do I
go about getting a large storage container of loose bricks and several other
containers filled with MOCs appraised?  Is appraisal even possible in this
manner?  Can appraisers take a "field count" and produce a dollar value
based on an estimated quantity of brick?  Any input would be much
appreciated.  Thanks.

-Matt

.