 Marketplace / Appraisal / *451 (-10)
  Re: MISB Set Prices vs. Opened Set Prices

Personally, I think it's a pure judgement call on your part. How much do you want a set? How necessary is it to have the set, or can it be built from existing parts? etc. I've had very disappointing results where even the condition of a opened set (...) (23 years ago, 4-May-01, to lugnet.market.appraisal)

  Re: MISB Set Prices vs. Opened Set Prices

(...) Yes, that makes sense - opening the set to build it instead of keeping it unopened as an investment is a very important distinction. Also. like the other posts talked about, the age of the set is important. My current period of collection is (...) (23 years ago, 4-May-01, to lugnet.market.appraisal)

  Re: MISB Set Prices vs. Opened Set Prices

(...) Depends on how rare it is, how wanted it is, how old it is, how common the non-MISB version is etc etc. For instance, with say the 8480 Space Shuttle, MISB vs used with box makes less than 50% in my experience, while with say a 8860 Car (...) (23 years ago, 4-May-01, to lugnet.market.appraisal)

  Re: MISB Set Prices vs. Opened Set Prices

Another big factor will be the age of the set. If I'm buying a set that's 3 or 4 years old I'm not going to care very much if it's in MISB. On the other hand I'd pay a _lot_ for MISB for just about any set from the 1970s, because I know that would (...) (23 years ago, 4-May-01, to lugnet.market.appraisal)

Here's one metric: the Lego factory stores sell MISB sets with damaged boxes for 50% less. Cary "Bob" <cg47@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GCtHww.EBF@lugnet.com... I understand that a MISB set will command a higher price than a complete set that (...) (23 years ago, 4-May-01, to lugnet.market.appraisal)

  Re: MISB Set Prices vs. Opened Set Prices

(...) To me, another factor (besides the ones mentioned) in the equation is whether the person buying the set is purchasing it to play uh I mean build with or whether they want it to put on the shelf MISB and simply bask in the warm glow of (...) (23 years ago, 4-May-01, to lugnet.market.appraisal)

  MISB Set Prices vs. Opened Set Prices

I understand that a MISB set will command a higher price than a complete set that has been opened. Here's my question: Typically, how much more should a person pay for a MISB set? Is it 50% more? 100% more? Will it depend on how popular the set is? (...) (23 years ago, 4-May-01, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.market.appraisal, lugnet.market.theory)

  Lego Sign Apprisal

Hi All Would anyone have an idea of how much a Lego sign used in shops would be worth. I have seen 'newer' signs on sale at Ebay for about US$20. Dimensions: (Approximate) 41cm wide (16 inches) 40cm high (15 inches) 7.5cm deep. (3 inches) This was (...) (23 years ago, 17-Apr-01, to lugnet.market.appraisal)

  Asst Space Instructions

I'm not familiar enough with Space sets to get a good feel for the rarity/value of specific sets. I have these instructions, should any be priced above the $2-4 price I would otherwise use? <set:6886, 6886> <set:6827, 6827> <set:6823, 6823> (...) (23 years ago, 17-Apr-01, to lugnet.market.appraisal)

  Re: 6155 Auqazone Deep Sea Preditor

I assume that you're referring to set 6190 Shark's Crystal Cave, correct? Not that I want one for $40, but what/where is "V&D"? (...) (23 years ago, 26-Mar-01, to lugnet.market.appraisal)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact