 Marketplace / Appraisal / 451
Re: MISB Set Prices vs. Opened Set Prices
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.appraisal
Date:
Fri, 4 May 2001 18:38:22 GMT

Personally, I think it's a pure judgement call on your part.
How much do you want a set? How necessary is it to have the
set, or can it be built from existing parts? etc.

I've had very disappointing results where even the condition
of a opened set is in question. One person's idea of a "Good"
condition does not always match what you judge to
be "good' condition. It's made me frown on buying any opened
or used sets at all, any longer.

I'd pay for the small rush of being able to crack open the package,
and look at all the old catalogs and things like that. And know that
all the parts are supposed to be there, and all the little "extra" pieces
you get too.

In lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, Bob Parker writes:
I understand that a MISB set will command a higher price than a complete set
that has been opened.  Here's my question:

Typically, how much more should a person pay for a MISB set?

Is it 50% more?  100% more?  Will it depend on how popular the set is?  How
rare the set is?

The bottom line is, how do you tell when you would be taken advantage of?

Thanks for your help,

- Bob