 Local / United States / Wisconsin / *360 (-20)
Subject:
Any AFOLs in NE Wisconsin?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.wi
Date:
Sat, 29 Sep 2007 15:13:43 GMT

Hi Wisconsinites!

I just moved to the Appleton area and wondered if there were any other fellow
brick enthusiasts around. I just moved into a place with a nice big unfinished
basement, and I've just started unpacking my bricks. I'd love to hang out with
other AFOLs, if there are any around!

I'm interested in town/trains mostly, but I like all things Lego.

Drop me an email at daveamos [[at]] gmail [[dot]] com or reply to this post.

Dave

Subject:
Vignette MOC of My Cubicle
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.vignette, lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp, lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.org.us.tclug
Date:
Mon, 25 Jun 2007 21:46:42 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hey everyone!

I was bored last night and decided I needed some LEGO at my desk at work.  I
whipped up this 12x12 vignette of my cubicle complete with me in minifig form.
You can check out the MOCPage and Brickshelf Gallery with the links below.  Any
comments are appreciated!  :-)

<http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=262076 Brickshelf Gallery>
<http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/32487 MOCPage>

-Dave

<http://photos.smsrallysport.com/ Dave & Stacy's Photo Page>
<http://blog.smsrallysport.com/ Dave & Stacy's Journal>

Subject:
G.M.L.T.C. to display at La Crosse & Three Rivers Model Railroad Show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.wi
Date:
Wed, 14 Mar 2007 23:44:11 GMT

The Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club will be showing this weekend at the
La Crosse & Three Rivers Railroad Club 26th Annual Model Railroad Show.

Come see the GMLTC’s 18’x30’ ever-expanding modular all-LEGO town & train layout.
Club member Judy Payne will also have x 15’x15 ’ layout featuring LEGO battery trains and Duplo trains.

Also see John and Ross Neal’s Twin Cities LEGO Train Club (TCLTC) layout.
http://news.lugnet.com/trains/org/tcltc/

As always, guests are invited to bring along their own LEGO rolling stock to run on our layout.
There will be many other (non-Lego) operating train layouts, exhibits and displays,
railroadiana, railroad art, door prizes and hobby dealers.

Dates/Times:
Saturday, March 17th, 2007
10:00 am to 6:00 pm
Sunday, March 18th, 2007
10:00 am to 4:00 pm

Admission:
$5 for adults. $4.50 for adults when a non-perishable food item is donated.
Children under 12 are free when accompanied by an adult.

Location:
La Crosse Center
300 Harborview Plaza
Second and Pearl Streets
La Crosse, Wisconsin

Free parking, Wheelchair Accessible.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q=lacrosse+center,+lacrosse,+wi&layer=&ie=UTF8&z=12&ll=43.888615,-91.240768&spn=0.174931,0.32135&om=1&iwloc=A

More info:
http://l3rclub.rrdepot.com/show.php
http://www.trains.com/trc/community/events/event-info.asp?eventid=10331

Hope to see you there!
--
Bill Toenjes
(TooMuchDew)

Subject:
GMLTC upcoming shows
Newsgroups:
lugnet.events, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp, lugnet.loc.us.wi
Date:
Sun, 12 Feb 2006 23:22:40 GMT

(Cross-posted to a few relevant sections.  I hope I haven't gone bonkers.)

[The Greater Midwest Lego® Train Club] will be displaying its ever-expanding 18'
x 30' town/train layout at two Midwest shows in the coming weeks.  We've added
some new sections to the layout in recent months and hope to continue adding on
during the shows.

As always, we encourage visitors to bring their own rolling stock to run on our
layout.  There will be many many other (non-Lego®) train layouts and dealers
displaying at both shows, and John and Ross Neal's Twin Cities Lego® Train Club
(TCLTC) layout (<http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/10>) will also be set up at
the La Crosse show.

First, we're heading to a new show for us, close to home:

[The World's Greatest Hobby on Tour]
<http://www.wghshow.com/showinfo/stp/stpaul.htm>

Location:
St. Paul RiverCentre
175 West Kellogg Boulevard
St. Paul, MN 55102-1299

When:
Saturday, February 25, 2006: 10 am to 6 pm
Sunday, February 26, 2006: 10 am to 5 pm

Weekend admission:
$9.00 for adults.  Children under 16 enter free with a registered adult.

Three weeks later, we make our annual return to an old favorite:

[La Crosse & Three Rivers Model Railroad Show]
<http://l3rclub.rrdepot.com/show.php>

Location:
La Crosse Center
300 Harborview Plaza
Second and Pearl Streets
La Crosse, Wisconsin

When:
Saturday, March 18, 2006:  10 am to 6 pm
Sunday, March 19, 2006:  10 am to 4 pm

Admission (last year's rates, anyway):
$4.00 for adults, children under the age of 12 are free.
($1.00 off admission with donation of a non-perishable food item for local food
pantries.)

We hope to see you at one or both shows! :)

- Michael Zecca
GMLTC (<http://www.gmltc.org>)

Subject:
Hello Milwaukee!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.wi.mil
Date:
Fri, 11 Nov 2005 02:20:41 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I'm on a project for a well known local employer for the next few weeks at
least, possibly longer... if there's any interest in getting together please
drop me a line... I'm staying downtown but usually have a rental.

++Lar

Subject:
G.M.L.T.C. to display at La Crosse & Three Rivers Model Railroad Show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.wi
Date:
Fri, 11 Mar 2005 06:36:27 GMT

The Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club will be showing this weekend at the
La Crosse & Three Rivers Railroad Club 24rd Annual Model Railroad Show.

Thrill to the GMLTC's huge ever-expanding modular all-LEGO town/train layout
(a 30'x19' "L" at last count)!!!

Wonder at John and Ross Neal's Twin Cities LEGO Train Club (TCLTC) layout.
(http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/10) Their 11'x12' display will be making its
debut public showing in La Crosse!!!

Marvel at Dan Siskind's (http://www.brickmania.com/) amazing LEGO
"Might Mo", the USS Missouri (BB-63) battleship!!!

As always, guests are invited to bring along their own LEGO rolling stock to run
on our layout. There will be many other (non-Lego) train layouts and dealers
displaying at the show.

Dates/Times:
Saturday, March 12th, 2005
10:00 am to 6:00 pm
Sunday, March 13th, 2005
10:00 am to 4:00 pm

Admission:
Adults $4.00
Children under the age of 12 are free
$1.00 off admission with donation of a non-perishable food item for local food
pantries

Location:
La Crosse Center
300 Harborview Plaza
Second and Pearl Streets
La Crosse, Wisconsin

More info:
http://l3rclub.rrdepot.com/show.php

Hope to see you there!
--
Bill Toenjes
(TooMuchDew)
G.M.L.T.C.
http://www.gmltc.org/

Subject:
Looking for a few contacts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.wi.mad
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2005 13:22:24 GMT

Hello Wisconsin,
I'm hoping to find a few AFOL's in the Madison area that would like an
opportunity to display at a LOCAL Fund Raiser/Charity event on January 29th
(short notice I know).  I’m still trying to get more detailed for the event
organizer, its not me :-),  and I don’t yet know what kind of display space
there may be.

Basically, I wanted to put some feelers to see if there are others in the area
that might want to help out.  If you want more info, and are interested, please
email me, by this Friday, the 16th.( again Short notice I know but I've been in
email limbo for the past few weeks) I’ll try to check back here too.

Thanks in advance,

Christina Hitchcock

Subject:
Call for a WILUG
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.wi
Date:
Fri, 17 Dec 2004 23:19:15 GMT

Ok, just trying to see if there are enuf people to have our own LUG.
Respond here or email me at nofcarcanaguespam@nowi.rr.comspam .

Fred

Subject:
LEGO BBQ - June 26 - Bring Your Own Bricks!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.il.chi, lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.in, lugnet.loc.us.mi, lugnet.trains.org.niltc
Date:
Sat, 19 Jun 2004 23:52:33 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Everyone is invited to a LEGO barbecue next Saturday, June 26, at my house in Wheaton, IL. Bring your models bring some food, and have some fun.

When: Saturday, June 26, 3:00 pm
Where: Tim Courtney’s House (email for directions)
Bring: Everyone who wants to cook on the grill should bring their own meat. Please bring a snack to share. Limited selection of soft drinks at the house, so bring your favorite beverage if you’re so inclined.
Ideas: Some could play BrikWars, we could do some collaborative building project (from my bricks or yours), etc.
Contact: Tim Courtney (email for phone number)

Please RSVP as early as possible. Last minute visitors are welcome, but if you can let me know ahead of time I’d like to have a count sooner than later :-)

-Tim

Subject:
G.M.L.T.C. to display at La Crosse & Three Rivers Model Railroad Show
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.mn, lugnet.loc.us.wi
Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 2004 20:10:59 GMT

The Greater Midwest LEGO Train Club will be showing this weekend at the
La Crosse & Three Rivers Railroad Club 23rd Annual Model Railroad Show

See the the GMLTC's huge ever-expanding modular all-LEGO town/train layout
featuring many new trains. As always, guests are invited to bring along their
own rolling stock to run on our layout. There will be other (non-Lego) train
layouts and dealers displaying at the show.

Dates/Times:
Saturday, March 20th, 2004
10:00 am to 6:00 pm
Sunday, March 21st, 2004
10:00 am to 4:00 pm

Admission:
Adults $4.00
Children under the age of 12 are free
$1.00 off admission with donation of a non-perishable food item for local food
pantries

Location:
La Crosse Center
300 Harborview Plaza
Second and Pearl Streets
La Crosse, Wisconsin

More info:
http://l3rclub.rrdepot.com/show.php

Hope to see you there!
--
Bill Toenjes
(TooMuchDew)
G.M.L.T.C.

Subject:
Evans stores - my recent visit
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.wi.grb, lugnet.loc.us.wi.mil
Date:
Mon, 11 Aug 2003 21:37:43 GMT

Let's see who is still monitoring the .wi groups!

I recently made a trip around to Evans department/variety stores.  They are
nowhere near the gold mine they used to be many years ago, but I still had a
few good finds.  I primarily collect town, train, model team and star wars
and these were very light at all the stores (drat).

Since I got what I wanted, I'm sharing the rest with all you, in the hopes
you'll all share your finds here as well!

Two Rivers - nothing.  nada.  Old sets must get shipped to the other stores.

Kewaunee - not much sale priced (except some 6710 Landing Pads for $4.09),
but some old sets at decent prices:

Technic
8064 - 43.99
8222 - 14.88
8230 - 18.99
8244 - 27.99
8412 - 26.88
8720 - 33.99
8735 - 37.99
8824 - 21.99

5860 - 21.99
5880 - 45.99

2162 - 37.44
6434 - 47.99
6554 - 37.88
6958 - 37.44
6969 - 46.88
6977 - 74.88

Sheboygan Falls - many clearance prices on lots of older Technic sets, and a
few others:

Technic
8062 - 25.99
8215 - 2.99
8223 - 4.99
8232 - 7.99
8236 - 2.99
8239 - 7.99
8240 - 6.99
8241 - 3.99
8242 - 9.99
8245 - 9.99
8252 - 6.99
8269 - 12.99
8456 - 23.99
8465 - 18.99
8516 - 7.99
8520 - 9.99
8556 - 6.99
8812 - 8.99
8829 - 12.99
8857 - 15.99

2161 - 19.19
6180 - 37.50
6190 - 37.50
6199 - 42.99

Older sets not on sale:

3050 - 12.77
6026 - 4.88
6037 - 7.77
6093 - 85.99
6195 - 85.99
6198 - 65.99
6907 - 20.99
6975 - 56.88
6979 - 74.88

Kiel - I'm not doing all your work for you!  All the 7850 rails are gone
(there was one), but I left the 4548 speed regulator (who needs more of
those?).  There are no Metroliners hiding in the basement of the store
(actually, there wasn't anything in the basement that wasn't already on the
shelves, I looked).  But, there is still one of the larger M:Tron sets on
the shelves (no I don't remember which one).

Hopefully this helps someone, let me know if it helps you!

-John-

Subject:
Hello to Milwaukee Area
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.wi.mil
Date:
Wed, 9 Jul 2003 01:39:54 GMT

Hello,

I have finally settled in Milwaukee after a year of crazy transition. I've
unpacked the Lego in my Lego basement and run into a few people at TRU. Anyone
in the area, say hello, and drop by. Maybe we could organize a club.

-Erik

Re: Republic Gunship
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.wi
Date:
Mon, 6 Jan 2003 13:57:50 GMT

I did not see any in Milwaukee at Target or Wal-Mart after Dec 29- they were
all cleaned out. None in Appleton either. They were consumed in Kohl's and
Shopko's 40% off sale before Christmas.

Though if you want a good deal on a Rebel Blockade Runner I have 3 of them
in Milwaukee -- I'll be there later this month. We go to Kenosha to eat at
Lone Star.

-Erik

Thanks for the reply. I'd feared the as much. Just have to keep an eye out I
guess. I'll pass on the RBR. I'm basically a mini-fig set buyer.
Thanks anyhow.
travis

Re: Republic Gunship
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.wi
Date:
Fri, 3 Jan 2003 23:34:35 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.wi, Travis Yanke writes:
Has anyone been able to find one in stock at their local store in WI or
northern IL. I'm located in Kenosha. TRU has one (1) in Racine, but it's
really beat up, and full price. I've called a ton of stores already.
Thanks in advance.

travis

I did not see any in Milwaukee at Target or Wal-Mart after Dec 29- they were
all cleaned out. None in Appleton either. They were consumed in Kohl's and
Shopko's 40% off sale before Christmas.

Though if you want a good deal on a Rebel Blockade Runner I have 3 of them
in Milwaukee -- I'll be there later this month. We go to Kenosha to eat at
Lone Star.

-Erik

Subject:
Republic Gunship
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.wi
Date:
Fri, 3 Jan 2003 21:43:22 GMT

Has anyone been able to find one in stock at their local store in WI or
northern IL. I'm located in Kenosha. TRU has one (1) in Racine, but it's
really beat up, and full price. I've called a ton of stores already.
Thanks in advance.

travis

Re: Looking for Rebel Blockade Runner in WI
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.wi
Date:
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 21:27:53 GMT

Yes, responding to my own post, but no one else was :-)
TRU has about a dozen left at their Vernon Hills IL location.

Has anyone seen it in WI or northern IL, like TRU or Target?
I'm looking for a store I could buy it in, rather than S@H or lego.com.
Thanks
John

Subject:
Looking for Rebel Blockade Runner in WI
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.wi
Date:
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 03:25:30 GMT

Has anyone seen it in WI or northern IL, like TRU or Target?
I'm looking for a store I could buy it in, rather than S@H or lego.com.
Thanks
John

Subject:
NILTC Show This Weekend - Cantigny Park in Winfield
Newsgroups:
lugnet.announce, lugnet.trains.org.niltc, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.us.il, lugnet.loc.us.wi, lugnet.loc.us.in
Date:
Sat, 7 Dec 2002 04:38:45 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hey Everybody -
Well, in my (excruciatingly) busy schedule, I accidentally neglected one of
my duties -- announcing the next NILTC show. So, here goes:

This weekend, the Northern Illinois LEGO Train Club will be displaying at
Cantigny Park in Winfield, IL. The display will feature a 20x20' layout, our
largest ever. This small train show, put on by the Train Collector's
Association, will also feature several other layouts, including the Boy
Scouts' club. Admission is free, but Cantigny charges $7 for parking. Show
hours from 9am-4pm, Saturday and Sunday December 7-8.

So, come with the family and enjoy the fun!

Cantigny is located on the corner of Winfield Rd. and Rt. 38 in Winfield,
IL. The entrance to the park is on the East side of Winfield Rd., just south
of the intersection. For more information, visit www.cantigny.org.

Tim Courtney
NILTC
www.niltc.org

Subject:
Allow me to introduce, myself. Welcome to my world.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.wi
Date:
Tue, 1 Oct 2002 04:50:38 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Greetings to the world.  I am about to show my stuff for the first time.  I
have a story prepared close to Ikros in size but I think I'll cut it down a
bit.  I have creations prepared for it.  I really need a home for it.  I've
applied for a spot on ozbricks, but I've gotten no reply.  Do you think they
require me to have an exsisting site so they can see what's going to be
there?  No more talky talky.  Let's get to the main course.  So Let me try
to sum up the story in a sentence or nine....

The country of Valis (subject to name change) is ruled by King Rassellon.
He is a peaceful King and after a long period of war has finally befriended
the surrounding nations.  His two brave generals are responsible for the
peace.  They return home, to be accused of treason and sentenced to death.
They escape, and run.  They're friends try to find them.  All are presumed
dead.  Five years later, villagers are ruthlessly slaughtered.  Hilarity
ensues...  and now we que the music... bah bah, WAH WAH, bah bah.... and so on.

The story starts there.  I've written the prologue but I haven't decided if
I'll finalize it, because that's pretty much the jist of it right there.  My
story is heavly influence by Final Fantasy.  Mostly the second (japan #4).
Also, Willow has been an all time favorite, and recently Record of Lodoss
-pick up the dvd set if you haven't seen it :)   It's been written for
someone like me to enjoy, so language may be an issue.  If you have a
problem with that, I can put warnings on the specific chapters.  The
following pics are teasers, I don't plan on using these in the story (horrid
lighting and backgrounds).  They also don't really show any events from the
story.  They're just money shots.  Here we go...

I have decided the pictures need photoshop, so I've been practicing, and
here are my first results, I'm very happy with them.  Every story requires a
"cid" to be epic, correct?  Well here's mine.  He's an engineer (I wait for
the "duh" from the audience) and he has an assistant, Romeny.  He's built an
airship, his daily profession is shipbuilding, so he also built the navy's
ships.  This airship is very controversal in Valis.  The King has employed
an air force, consiting of Dragon Riders or Dragoons, and they are pissed,
this would be their replacement, big story plot part there.  I won't show
the whole ship here, cuz I want to get it all pretty like on my own site.
Also I don't think anyone has used oars as airship props, I call copyright!
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/eMegatron/Teasers/cid_pilots_his_airship.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/eMegatron/Teasers/romeny_aboard_cids_airship.jpg
That's all the photoshopping for now.

The King has an army.  Most Kings do.  Even in chess.  This army is led by
two general.  The Blue knight and the Red knight.  Original names, eh?  Well
the red knight is Randor Grimsword.  The blue is Kelvinos Silverstone.  They
were promoted from the ranks of the Dragoons, when the first two were
sentenced to death.  Oh you can see some of my custom weapons in there too!
(no legos were harmed in the creation of customs, I don't cut anything or paint)
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/eMegatron/Teasers/blue_and_red_knights.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/eMegatron/Teasers/army_advances.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/eMegatron/Teasers/king_rassellon_army.jpg

Here the army avances on a castle.  The castle is the home of one of the
dead generals.  His family was wealthy so I wanted it to look more like a
Mansion than a Castle.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/eMegatron/Teasers/mansion_front.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/eMegatron/Teasers/overview.jpg

A small mafia of sorts has taken refuge in the mansion.  This is a part of
the story set near the mid-end, so I won't say much.  They are the wolfpack.
Wolfpack was my absolute favorite, so they get the props and the house.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/eMegatron/Teasers/onlooking.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/eMegatron/Teasers/wolfpack_warrior_watches.jpg

I set up a mini battle of sorts for these pics, here are the guys on the
wolfpack side.  I have many more wolfpack figs, but the interior is full as
well.  I won't show those pics yet either.  But it's 3 full floors inside
not counting the roof.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/eMegatron/Teasers/warriors_stand_firm.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/eMegatron/Teasers/warriors_still_standing_firm.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/eMegatron/Teasers/warriors_standing_in_sony_night_vision.jpg
The last is a pic with the night vision mode on my camera.  It's weird how
it turned out.

Finally my smaller stuff.  I built a ship which I'm really proud of.  It is
the only ship in my 'fleet' that is completely my own design.  No part of it
is found in a TLC designed ship.  Oh my 'fleet' is 2 ships, 1 large ship for
dah bad guys, and this one.  So four ships.  I could call it an armada, but
that would be silly.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/eMegatron/Teasers/maison_onboard_the_ship.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/eMegatron/Teasers/maison_rides_the_green_waves.jpg

These are some houses I built.  The yellow one is an idea I've had since I
was about 8.  I've always had a yellow house built in everything I do.  So
here's the current 'yellow house'.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/eMegatron/Teasers/houses.jpg

My world has magic, of course it does, don't they all?  But in my world we
don't have gods, and don't have demons.  We have wizards, they train other
wizards, there is no hogwarts, we also have bad wizards.  They can do some
nasty stuff.  Bet you can't guess what color my evil wizard is?  Anyways I
have the standard blue wiz, he's up on the ship.  He works for the king,
each nation has usually one wizard as an advisor somewhere in the
government.  Maison is the blue wizard of water!  Big ups to water.  He's
trained Ghini.  Ghini is a purple wizard.  He's also much younger.  Hense no
beard.  He specialized in animal magic.  I hope to be able to get my hands
on a green wiz soon, dumbledore's office!  I almost paid 25 bucks for
basically a green wiz hat.  Anyways, the pink wiz will probably show up in
some other story.  The purple is my fav, so he gets the patio.  The 3rd
floor here is very final fantasy 9 inspired.  It has a sort of stage patio.
Like they could perform, "Be My Canary" or whatever.  Also, I don't think
anyone else has used the magic staff I got, I call copyright!
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/eMegatron/Teasers/ghini_casts_spells.jpg

So those are my pics.  I will try to get some more sometime soon.  Has
anyone else been turned down by ozbricks?  It says I'll get a reply in 72
hours, but it's been over a week or so.

Here's the folder when it's public.

I look forward to the feedback and/or flames.
Now let's get that Castle World up and running!

E.  -true hollywood story

Re: Star Wars Sets on sale at Target...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.us.wi
Date:
Sat, 6 Jul 2002 20:25:31 GMT

Grandpa finishes the Rebel Blockade Runner after 29 hours. Now we have to
take it apart again...

Redisplay Messages:  Brief | Compact