 Castle / 14482
14481  |  14483
Subject:
Allow me to introduce, myself. Welcome to my world.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.us.wi
Date:
Tue, 1 Oct 2002 04:50:38 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Greetings to the world.  I am about to show my stuff for the first time.  I
have a story prepared close to Ikros in size but I think I'll cut it down a
bit.  I have creations prepared for it.  I really need a home for it.  I've
applied for a spot on ozbricks, but I've gotten no reply.  Do you think they
require me to have an exsisting site so they can see what's going to be
there?  No more talky talky.  Let's get to the main course.  So Let me try
to sum up the story in a sentence or nine....

The country of Valis (subject to name change) is ruled by King Rassellon.
He is a peaceful King and after a long period of war has finally befriended
the surrounding nations.  His two brave generals are responsible for the
peace.  They return home, to be accused of treason and sentenced to death.
They escape, and run.  They're friends try to find them.  All are presumed
dead.  Five years later, villagers are ruthlessly slaughtered.  Hilarity
ensues...  and now we que the music... bah bah, WAH WAH, bah bah.... and so on.

The story starts there.  I've written the prologue but I haven't decided if
I'll finalize it, because that's pretty much the jist of it right there.  My
story is heavly influence by Final Fantasy.  Mostly the second (japan #4).
Also, Willow has been an all time favorite, and recently Record of Lodoss
-pick up the dvd set if you haven't seen it :)   It's been written for
someone like me to enjoy, so language may be an issue.  If you have a
problem with that, I can put warnings on the specific chapters.  The
following pics are teasers, I don't plan on using these in the story (horrid
lighting and backgrounds).  They also don't really show any events from the
story.  They're just money shots.  Here we go...

I have decided the pictures need photoshop, so I've been practicing, and
here are my first results, I'm very happy with them.  Every story requires a
"cid" to be epic, correct?  Well here's mine.  He's an engineer (I wait for
the "duh" from the audience) and he has an assistant, Romeny.  He's built an
airship, his daily profession is shipbuilding, so he also built the navy's
ships.  This airship is very controversal in Valis.  The King has employed
an air force, consiting of Dragon Riders or Dragoons, and they are pissed,
this would be their replacement, big story plot part there.  I won't show
the whole ship here, cuz I want to get it all pretty like on my own site.
Also I don't think anyone has used oars as airship props, I call copyright!
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/eMegatron/Teasers/cid_pilots_his_airship.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/eMegatron/Teasers/romeny_aboard_cids_airship.jpg
That's all the photoshopping for now.

The King has an army.  Most Kings do.  Even in chess.  This army is led by
two general.  The Blue knight and the Red knight.  Original names, eh?  Well
the red knight is Randor Grimsword.  The blue is Kelvinos Silverstone.  They
were promoted from the ranks of the Dragoons, when the first two were
sentenced to death.  Oh you can see some of my custom weapons in there too!
(no legos were harmed in the creation of customs, I don't cut anything or paint)
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/eMegatron/Teasers/blue_and_red_knights.jpg

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/eMegatron/Teasers/army_advances.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/eMegatron/Teasers/king_rassellon_army.jpg

Here the army avances on a castle.  The castle is the home of one of the
dead generals.  His family was wealthy so I wanted it to look more like a
Mansion than a Castle.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/eMegatron/Teasers/mansion_front.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/eMegatron/Teasers/overview.jpg

A small mafia of sorts has taken refuge in the mansion.  This is a part of
the story set near the mid-end, so I won't say much.  They are the wolfpack.
Wolfpack was my absolute favorite, so they get the props and the house.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/eMegatron/Teasers/onlooking.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/eMegatron/Teasers/wolfpack_warrior_watches.jpg

I set up a mini battle of sorts for these pics, here are the guys on the
wolfpack side.  I have many more wolfpack figs, but the interior is full as
well.  I won't show those pics yet either.  But it's 3 full floors inside
not counting the roof.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/eMegatron/Teasers/warriors_stand_firm.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/eMegatron/Teasers/warriors_still_standing_firm.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/eMegatron/Teasers/warriors_standing_in_sony_night_vision.jpg
The last is a pic with the night vision mode on my camera.  It's weird how
it turned out.

Finally my smaller stuff.  I built a ship which I'm really proud of.  It is
the only ship in my 'fleet' that is completely my own design.  No part of it
is found in a TLC designed ship.  Oh my 'fleet' is 2 ships, 1 large ship for
dah bad guys, and this one.  So four ships.  I could call it an armada, but
that would be silly.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/eMegatron/Teasers/maison_onboard_the_ship.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/eMegatron/Teasers/maison_rides_the_green_waves.jpg

These are some houses I built.  The yellow one is an idea I've had since I
was about 8.  I've always had a yellow house built in everything I do.  So
here's the current 'yellow house'.
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/eMegatron/Teasers/houses.jpg

My world has magic, of course it does, don't they all?  But in my world we
don't have gods, and don't have demons.  We have wizards, they train other
wizards, there is no hogwarts, we also have bad wizards.  They can do some
nasty stuff.  Bet you can't guess what color my evil wizard is?  Anyways I
have the standard blue wiz, he's up on the ship.  He works for the king,
each nation has usually one wizard as an advisor somewhere in the
government.  Maison is the blue wizard of water!  Big ups to water.  He's
trained Ghini.  Ghini is a purple wizard.  He's also much younger.  Hense no
beard.  He specialized in animal magic.  I hope to be able to get my hands
on a green wiz soon, dumbledore's office!  I almost paid 25 bucks for
basically a green wiz hat.  Anyways, the pink wiz will probably show up in
some other story.  The purple is my fav, so he gets the patio.  The 3rd
floor here is very final fantasy 9 inspired.  It has a sort of stage patio.
Like they could perform, "Be My Canary" or whatever.  Also, I don't think
anyone else has used the magic staff I got, I call copyright!
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/eMegatron/Teasers/ghini_casts_spells.jpg

So those are my pics.  I will try to get some more sometime soon.  Has
anyone else been turned down by ozbricks?  It says I'll get a reply in 72
hours, but it's been over a week or so.

Here's the folder when it's public.

I look forward to the feedback and/or flames.
Now let's get that Castle World up and running!

E.  -true hollywood story