 Local / United States / South Carolina / Charleston / 18
Re: Hello! Anybody (near) home?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.sc.cha
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 15:54:03 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.sc.cha, David Wertz writes:
Seeing as Mark and Milissa live in Charleston, and they are VERY thorough
shoppers, for that reason alone, the shopping situation is better in
Columbia than in Charleston.  I also bet Ben contributes to that as well.

About once every month or two, I make the rounds of all the Wal-Marts and
K-Marts in the area. As you know, these two chains plus Toys R Us make up
the bulk of the LEGO experience in Charleston. We have a little at the
regular KB Toys in Northwood Mall, Tuesday Mornings, and Big Lots, but KB is
so overpriced and the other two have so little, I don't ususally stop there
(only when they get their big Christmas toy shipment in).

No ZB. No Target (though I've heard roumors we are getting one in West
Ashley - sometime). No other major chains.

As far as I know, I am the only AFOL in Columbia, so I still find stuff here
and there, but no old train or pirate.  Also, we have two Targets and a Zany
Brainy, which Chas. has neither of yet.  I will be scavanging both Targets
today after work to see what they have left for 75% percent off.  I think

Last January I did drive up to Columbia to try to take advantage of the
Target sales, but not this year.

they will have quite a bit because they were still pretty well stocked with
50% off clearance Lego last week.  The Zany Brainy here has the best
selection of any store I have seen around, but they rarely have any good
sales.  We will all need to get together at some point.  I don't know when
that will be though.  I am driving cross-country at the end of next week, so
it will be a little while before I am available.  (No, Mark and Milissa, I
have not mapped out all of the K-Marts along my route yet!)
David

In lugnet.loc.us.sc.cha, Michael Carnell writes:
Cool.  Is the LEGO situation any better in Columbia than in Charleston?
Any trains or left over pirates up there?

If you spend your weekends on James Island or West Ashley I am sure that we
have passed each other at some point.  Those are my normal stomping
grounds.

Take care, and keep building! BTW, my weekend will be mostly taken up by my
5 year old son's birthday party. LEGO theme of course!

Michael

wertzdm@dot.state.sc.us (David Wertz) wrote in <G79zF7.IJw@lugnet.com>:

In lugnet.loc.us.sc.cha, Michael Carnell writes:
It has obviously been a long time since anyone posted here....

So, anybody home?!

Michael - Charleston, SC

Michael,
Hey.  I live in Columbia right now, but I grew up in Charleston and I am
there on most weekends (James Island and West Ashley).  I have met Mark a
few times, and we are planning to get together at some point this weekend
hopefully to do some trading.  It's nice to know there are more of us.  By
the way, my favorite theme is Techics, but I like it all.
David