 Local / United States / Oregon / Portland / 25 (-20)
  Re: anybody here?

(...) Chad Bagaason Lives in Eugene, works in Corvallis, going to school in Monmouth! Been on RTL for quite a bit, fairly new to LUGNET. Hi! (25 years ago, 9-Aug-99, to lugnet.loc.us.or.por)

  Re: Used 8880 ?

(...) In case you hadn't heard of them yet, check out DYA-Shopping: (URL) 8880 is still listed on the page, but you might want to email them to see if they still have some in stock. Total plus shipping comes to about $125 (we got two from them a (...) (25 years ago, 9-Aug-99, to lugnet.loc.us.or.por)

  Will be in town July 23-24

I'm travelling to a conference in the Portland area the last week of July. I've decided to take a couple extra days to see some of the area, and would love to get together with some Legomaniacs Friday July 23 or Saturday July 24. Also, any hints on (...) (25 years ago, 9-Jul-99, to lugnet.loc.us.or.por)

  Used 8880 ?

On ebay there is usually at least one 8880 for auction that is NIB. I'll probably never want to spend that much money on one, but I would like to have the model. Does anybody out there ever have any used ones they've outgrown, don't want anymore, (...) (25 years ago, 21-Apr-99, to lugnet.loc.us.or.por)

  Re: More Star Wars found in Portland!

(...) They appear to be more common here in Eugene too. I have seem them at Toys R Us (which had 4 cases of Y-wings) and Fred Meyer in the last 2 days. Timbo (25 years ago, 21-Apr-99, to lugnet.loc.us.or.por, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.starwars)

  More Star Wars found in Portland!

This evening I stopped by the Fred Meyer in Tualatin (acorss from the Big K just off I-5) where I found all five Star Wars sets (no Eps. 1). They had at least 20 Snow Speeders, 15 Land Speeders, six Speeder Bikes, a dozen X-Wings, and a dozen Tie/Y. (...) (25 years ago, 21-Apr-99, to lugnet.loc.us.or.por, lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.starwars)

  Legos at Fry's

I was at Fry's the other day for some other stuff and noticed they have a small Lego offering. Along with lots of the easy to find Mindstorms, they had the 8299 Search Sub. I had been looking for the 8250 Search Sub and was delighted to find this (...) (25 years ago, 20-Apr-99, to lugnet.loc.us.or.por)

  Re: Star Wars in Portland, OR

If you are looking for Star Wars Lego sets, I'd try here in Charlotte. From what I hear, a bunch of shipments are coming to the local TRUs and Zainy Brainy. (25 years ago, 20-Apr-99, to lugnet.loc.us.or.por, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral, lugnet.loc.us.nc.dur)

  Star Wars in Portland, OR

Odd collection of news groups to post this to but once you read through you'll see the linkage ... ;-) I am in Portland (actually Wilsonville) for a couple of days this week (from Raleigh, NC) and had a little free time this afternoon so I decided (...) (25 years ago, 20-Apr-99, to lugnet.loc.us.or.por, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral, lugnet.loc.us.nc.dur)

  Re: Where to buy LEGO in Portland

(...) no-way, the largest book store is in New York, and the second is The Tattered Cover, my personal favorite in Denver, Colorado. Make it a good day. Louise (26 years ago, 19-Mar-99, to lugnet.loc.us.or.por, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: Where to buy LEGO in Portland

(...) The coolest toy store in Portland by the longest of shots is Finnegan's, downtown on Yamhill between 9th & 10th. (On the MAX (light rail) tracks, near the newly-renovated-and-...rth-a-look main library, which is itself not 5-or-so blocks from (...) (26 years ago, 17-Mar-99, to lugnet.loc.us.or.por, lugnet.market.shopping)

  RE: Where to buy LEGO in Portland

I usually shop at all normal chain places; Fred Meyer, Target and Kmart. There isn't a Wal-Mart very close to where I live, but I know some people find good deals on Lego there. Fred Meyer is having a 20% off sale this week (or so I've heard), so (...) (26 years ago, 16-Mar-99, to lugnet.loc.us.or.por, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Where to buy LEGO in Portland

I will be in Portland for a few days this week and was wondering where the locals shop for LEGO? Mike - mike_walsh@mentorg.com (URL) (26 years ago, 15-Mar-99, to lugnet.loc.us.or.por, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: train show this weekend!

(...) According to www.pnltc.org, the show at the expo center is part of an annual Great American Train show where PNLTC will have a booth along with all the people with their HO scale model train booths (and other scales). I've never gone to one (...) (26 years ago, 9-Oct-98, to lugnet.loc.us.or.por)

  Re: anybody here?

That's interesting that they had the large blue buckets on clearance down there. I live in the Seattle area and they had the large red buckets #4128 on clearance for $12.94 plus an additional 20% off. They also had put several other sets on (...) (26 years ago, 8-Oct-98, to lugnet.loc.us.or.por)

  Re: anybody here?

Hi, Can you tell me more about the show at the Expo Center? I live in Hillsboro and would be interested. What is the show? Is it the same thing they had down town last week or so? Kim Toll (...) weekend! (...) (26 years ago, 8-Oct-98, to lugnet.loc.us.or.por)

  Re: anybody here?

(...) Not me. Wow, good price. Which Fred Meyer do you shop at? I usually go to the Orchards one. They have a lot of sets on the top shelf I'm waiting for them to put on clearance. (26 years ago, 8-Oct-98, to lugnet.loc.us.or.por)

  Re: anybody here?

Oops, posted twice-sorry. BTW, did anyone here snag the two 1000-piece blue buckets that were on 50% off clearance plus a 20% off LEGO sale? Really teed me off, I came back the night after I saw them and they were gone. 2000 pieces for $16. Oh, (...) (26 years ago, 7-Oct-98, to lugnet.loc.us.or.por)

  Re: anybody here?

I'm in Vancouver...went to the traveling show at Waterfront Park the other weekend. Lame. I just don't go for those big sculpted type models where it might as well be plaster. We all know that can be done- I want to see models more like the various (...) (26 years ago, 7-Oct-98, to lugnet.loc.us.or.por)

  Re: anybody here?

I'm in Vancouver...went to the traveling show at Waterfront Park the other weekend. Lame. I just don't go for those big sculpted type models where it might as well be plaster. We all know that can be done- I want to see models more like the various (...) (26 years ago, 7-Oct-98, to lugnet.loc.us.or.por)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact