 Local / United States / Ohio / Columbus / 375
374  |  376
Subject:
Columbus Gathering Sunday 10-28-01 Hilliard Library
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.oh.col, lugnet.org.us.bloc
Date:
Fri, 19 Oct 2001 19:15:53 GMT

Well, I've gone ahead and filled out the offical paperwork for the meeting
room at the Hilliard Library. Directions are at the bottom:

We're booked for Sunday 10-28 -- that's 1 week away, now.

The meeting time will be ~1pm (subject to when they officially open the
doors) till 5pm. If we think we're going to run longer, it is possible to
arrange for that - as long as I and my wife are able to stay. Since I signed
for the room, I have to be "First in, last out".

As already mentioned -- no alcoholic drink/smoking in the Library, and no
red colored drinks/punch may be brought but food is allowed. On this note,
we are expected to set up/take down and clean up after ourselves. Failure on
our part to clean up the room may result in a fee being charged or loss of
future meeting privileges. This shouldn't be a problem, but let's get it out
in the open before hand.

Should we find that we have more than 25 people, we need to arrange 'off
site' parking. As the library is adjacent to a good sized strip mall and
Kroger's, it should be no problem finding parking at all. Even 'off site'
parking is within 100feet or so of the front door.

Lastly, as per the library requirements -- the library in no way endorses,
promotes or is otherwise involved in our gathering, other than to provide
the free meeting room for use. No buying or selling may take place on the
premesis. Lastly, because it is a public meeting place,
should someone wish to walk in and join us, we must allow them to.(Not that
this is a problem and, of course, that doesn't mean we can't try to turn
them into LEGO fans like the rest of us, if they should do so! <G>)

Directions:

Take I-270 West to the Fishinger/Cemetary Road exit.

From the north, turn right onto Cemetary Road and head west.
From the south, take the Cemetary Road exit (it goes under the overpass and
wraps around) which will put you on Cemetary Road heading west.

You will go under a train trestle - the road has a considerable 'dip' to
pass under it.
Look for Leap Road (about a mile from the 270 exit or so). Go through the
light - there is a strip mall with a Kroger's and various other stores. You
will see an Arby's on the right. Just past the Arby's is an entrance - turn
right and drive back towards the rear of the parking area to enter the
Library's parking area.

When you walk in the front doors, there is a hallway to the left - it will
curve around and the meeting room will be the double doors at the end of the
hallway.

The address is:

Hilliard Branch, Columbus Metropolitan Library
4772 Cemetery Rd.
Hilliard, OH 43026
Franklin County
Voice: (614) 645-2140

If you have any questions, just ask.

So... Who's going to be able to make it, and whatcha bringing? :)

I'll probably bring some of the same MOC's I brought last time and a few
others that didn't make it before.

Joel J