 Local / United States / Ohio / Columbus / 280
Re: Meijer's at Rome-Hilliard & Trabue has betrayed Lego fans
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.oh.col
Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 20:58:20 GMT

In article <GA8DJ9.73E@lugnet.com>, "Joel Jacobsen" <jacobsen@oar.net>
wrote:

Having just been there on Monday I can verify that they still have
their usual selection. It has been relocated from it's long standing
place along the side wall and those two endcaps, however.

The LEGO aisle is now on one of the 'regular' toy aisles.. about 1-2
before the barbecue grilles and accesories begin ( back near the
aisle that crosses from Gardening to Groceries along the back of the
store). I almost missed it myself were it not for going up and down
all aisles before I tried to find one of the usually hard to locate
employees to ask.

I went up and down every single one of those aisles, from the back of
the store to the front, the first time I noticed the change (which was
about a month or so ago) and found nothing but that one end cap and the
rack of Duplo. Are you sure we're talking about the same location? The
store on Sawmill has relocated the Lego in the manner you've described
(and has a nice $13 price on 6568, btw), but I didn't find it at
Rome-Hilliard.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and check it out one more time,
but that store has ticked me off enough times otherwise that i'm
reluctant to support them even if I jumped the gun on this one. (The
only reasons I ever shopped there to begin with are (1) it's on my way
home from work (sort of) and (2) it's laid out virtually identical to
the Meijer's I used to work at when I lived in Toledo (the one in
Maumee), while the one on Sawmill (closer to my home) is laid out
differently, so I find things more quickly in the Rome-Hilliard store
than at Sawmill.)

--
Mark D. McKean - The Quantum Panda - qpanda@quantumpanda.com