 Local / United States / Ohio / Columbus / 277
276  |  278
Subject:
Meijer's at Rome-Hilliard & Trabue has betrayed Lego fans
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.oh.col
Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 01:00:31 GMT

I waited to post this until I had a chance to verify that it wasn't a
temporary or transitory situation...but it still exists.

The situation is that the Meijer's in Hilliard (at Rome-Hilliard and
Trabue) has drastically dropped their Lego section in the toy dept. The
Lego display used to occupy a good ten-foot section of wall display, up
to ten feet high, plus one or two end caps. That is now reduced to a
single end cap (plus a small rack of Duplo two aisles away). All the
small sets are no longer on display at all; only medium size ($10 and
up) and larger sets are out (except for Throwbots/Roboriders), and few
are 2001 sets. They're giving more space to Mega Blocks and Best Lock
than to authentic Lego (MB and BL get aisle space).

As an AFOL, I find this situation unacceptable, and so I am personally
boycotting the Hilliard Meijer's for all purchases, perhaps permanently.
This used to be a very good store for Lego; now it's in the same
category for me as the Target on Sawmill Rd (that is, a store I won't
bother to even stop at anymore).

I'm not calling for a mass boycott; that wouldn't accomplish anything
anyways. I'm just giving everyone a heads-up.

--
Mark D. McKean - The Quantum Panda - qpanda@quantumpanda.com