 Local / United States / Ohio / 492
Re: Random thoughts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.oh.col, lugnet.loc.us.oh
Date:
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 16:39:42 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.oh.col, Michael Huffman writes:
In lugnet.loc.us.oh.col, Joel Jacobsen writes:

<snipped>

<snipped again>

Here's a random though I had:

  I think there's enough train people in Columbus to start our own train
  group.  As much as I'd like to meet Larry & the three Johns from up north,
  I find it hard to make it up that way.  And with Christmas coming up, I'd
  like to put together a X-mas train with snow scene & find a mall/store in
  town that would let us display it.  That and there are a few toys shows
  in Columbus each year... I'm sure a train show or two... and there's the
  state fair.

That's not a bad idea.  Though rather than making it a seperate group(if
such you were envisioning to begin with), perhaps it would be good to keep
it as part of the main goings on here in Cols?

I'd just hate to see things start to get moving only to then split into a
bunch of smaller gatherings, etc.  Especially before we get off the ground
with the next few meetings. I know we've had gatherings in the past but this
is the most activity in this group since late winter/early spring.

A random thought spun off yours (this could get dangerous if we keep going <G>):

How many of us have trains (and how many?) to begin with?
  Me: 1 - 4565, no extra track or additional cars.

  Speaking of fairs, my uncle said someone had a LEGO train display at the
  Franklin County fair... anyone seen it?  Know wanything about it?  Know
  who this person is that had the display?  My uncle said it was a nice
  display with lots of models.  Just curious...

--Mike.

I haven't been to the Franklin County Fair since I've lived here so I really
don't know.. but doing some sort of a show or promo would, indeed, be a
great idea for a common goal for the group here to work towards.

Joel J