 Local / United States / Ohio / Columbus / 311
Re: back in cow-lumbus
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.oh.col, lugnet.loc.us.oh
Date:
Sat, 21 Jul 2001 13:43:11 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.oh.col, Michael Huffman writes:
In lugnet.loc.us.oh.col, David "Scooter" Lukens writes:

Well, after leaving a crappy job far away and getting a new
one in columbus, i'm starting to unpack all the legos.  I
was wondering what the LUG people are like here in town.
What are the get-togethers like?

Scooter

I think the last get-together was back in February of this
year... I couldn't attend because I got married the day
before.  ;)

Yikes... am I just blanking or have I not met you before, Michael?
Congratulations on the marrying thing. That's certainly a big enough deal to
be excused from attending a get together. :)

Up north, they get together for brick-wars (not really my
cup of tea).  Around here, we tend to meet at someone's
house -- talk for a little bit, maybe do some trades,
dump some parts out on the floor & do some building or
sorting.

Brick-wars is a bit beyond me, too.. for starters, I don't think I could
field a large enough army.

Sorting? Ya'll can come help me, if you like sorting! ;) I've never gotten
around to sorting my collection and am realizing how badly it needs done.
Yuck. :)

I'm wondering if we should try for a get-together some time
in August, now that July is almost over with.  Any day after
the 5th is good with me -- personally, I vote for the 18th or
19th; my wife is off that weekend.  I'd be willing to offer
to hold it at my house if anyone is interested...

The end of August would be better for me as well. As I mentioned to David,
Sundays are best for me. Anything after the 12th will probably work fine.
The 19th sounds good off hand, though I'll need to check with my wife. ;)

I'm thinking maybe the theme of the meeting should be trades.
Everyone could brings sets, parts, instructions, catalogs,
magazines, etc., anything they have for trade to the meeting
and have a big swap meet.

--Mike.

I'm not too keen on trading parts but I could probably sort out my
instructions and old catalogues for any duplicates. I might have some spare
Castle weapons I could part with, too. I'll have to dig around and see what
I can come up with.

I can/will bring various MOC's I've done over the last year if anyone is
interested in seeing them up close. I haven't had the chance to show them to
anyone in person, so have been holding off on tearing them down for a while
now. They're mostly spacecraft and/or military style creations.

It's good to see some more activity around here!

Joel J
http://home.columbus.rr.com/jacobsen/html/Main/lego%20creations.htm
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=jjacobse