 Local / United States / Ohio / Columbus / 310
Re: back in cow-lumbus
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.oh.col
Date:
Sat, 21 Jul 2001 12:47:50 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.oh.col, David "Scooter" Lukens writes:
Well, after leaving a crappy job far away and getting a new one in columbus,
i'm starting to unpack all the legos.  I was wondering what the LUG people are
like here in town.  What are the get-togethers like?

Scooter

LIFE!  Give...this.... group.... LIFE!!(1) *cough cough* Ahem.... pardon me..

Welcome back to Scenic, humid and.. well.. flat... Columbus, David! (or do
you prefer Scooter?)

I'm still around... I think summertime has split everyone up to their
seperate ways, mostly but there's really not too bad a group here.

Just thinking off hand (2)

Carolyn and family
Mark
Greg
Jorge (I think he's still around?)
Joel (hey that's me!)

And a few others that haven't posted much in recent times.. forgive me for
forgetting your names. *8|

The last get together was around Feb or so and I wasn't able to make it,
sadly. Actually scheduling hasn't worked out, yet for me. But maybe this time.

I would certainly be interested in a get together, though it would need to
be on a Sunday afternoon, as I work Sat's and then typically do things with
my wife and friends that evening.

What themes do you prefer, or are you a Jack-of-all-themes? :)

I 'primarily' focus on Castle and Space(not so much anymore) but I'm pretty
close to being Wild West complete, other than a few of the small endcap and
or Japanese "candy" sets which doesn't bother me too much.

Welcome to Columbus and to Lugnet (if you're new. If not and I just haven't
crossed paths with you before, I apologize! <G>)

Oh -- don't forget to check out your local Shell if you like their promo
sets, as that appears to now be in full swing. Every Shell station I've
passed that is west of OSU Campus has the signs out, now.

Joel J

PS: which area of our lovely city do you live in? I live on the west side -
just south of 70 and about 2 miles west of 270.

(1)Okay.. so it's not Young Frankenstein.
(2) I didn't use last names 'cause I'm bad with names and would have
misspelled them badly. Sorry. :)