 Local / United States / Ohio / Columbus / 309
Re: back in cow-lumbus
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.oh.col, lugnet.loc.us.oh
Date:
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 23:05:44 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.oh.col, David "Scooter" Lukens writes:

Well, after leaving a crappy job far away and getting a new
one in columbus, i'm starting to unpack all the legos.  I
was wondering what the LUG people are like here in town.
What are the get-togethers like?

Scooter

I think the last get-together was back in February of this
year... I couldn't attend because I got married the day
before.  ;)

Up north, they get together for brick-wars (not really my
cup of tea).  Around here, we tend to meet at someone's
house -- talk for a little bit, maybe do some trades,
dump some parts out on the floor & do some building or
sorting.

I'm wondering if we should try for a get-together some time
in August, now that July is almost over with.  Any day after
the 5th is good with me -- personally, I vote for the 18th or
19th; my wife is off that weekend.  I'd be willing to offer
to hold it at my house if anyone is interested...

I'm thinking maybe the theme of the meeting should be trades.
Everyone could brings sets, parts, instructions, catalogs,
magazines, etc., anything they have for trade to the meeting
and have a big swap meet.

--Mike.