 Local / United States / Ohio / *814 (-20)
  BrikWars battle pics from 3-3-01

Greetings fellow BrikWars enthusiasts! I have posted on brickshelf the raw images from the TL2 Brikwars battle between myself and Gino Melone, fought on March 3, 2001. I haven't yet had a change to do the writeup, but when I do, it'll appear on (...) (24 years ago, 9-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.oh.cle, lugnet.gaming)

  Re: BLOC gathering to BrikWar! (March 10) Come Join the Battle!

Well, it hasn't officially been announced yet :) Gino created the site and published it on March 6th, and we were waiting to hear back from a couple more people before going public (potential members, current email addresses, and web pages), but (...) (24 years ago, 9-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.oh.cle)

  Re: BLOC gathering to BrikWar! (March 10) Come Join the Battle!

(...) Oh, wow, a LUG that I didn't know about! When was BLOC founded? It's a LUG in the Cleveland area? (I take it that Ohio is the Buckeye state? :-) --Todd (24 years ago, 9-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.oh.cle)

  RE: BLOC gathering to BrikWar! (March 10) Come Join the Battle!

(...) Er, I don't think these are TL2: (URL) I look forward to learning how to play. --Bram Bram Lambrecht bram@cwru.edu (URL) (24 years ago, 8-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.oh.cle)

  Re: BLOC gathering to BrikWar! (March 10) Come Join the Battle!

(...) for their mommies. Muahahahaha! And maybe some skeletons and other stuff too, if other people need some armies to play with. Should I bring any scenery or baseplates or anything like that? Adrian -- www.brickfrenzy.com (24 years ago, 8-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.oh.cle)

  BLOC gathering to BrikWar! (March 10) Come Join the Battle!

The Cleveland area members of BLOC are gathering again on March 10, this time to BrikWars! The meeting will be at my house, starting around 1:00pm (these gatherings never start on time, we just blame it on Gino). If you need directions to my house, (...) (24 years ago, 8-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.oh.cle, lugnet.loc.us.oh, lugnet.loc.us.oh.col, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general) !

  Re: Next get-together

(...) Take a look at www.brikwars.com and read up on the basic rules. Depending on how many people are wanting to play, an army of around 300 CP tends to make a pretty good battle. Of course, when Gino and I play, even little battles take ridiculous (...) (24 years ago, 7-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.oh.cle)

  Re: Next get-together

There's not been any buzz in the last couple of days regarding this. I'm assuming it's still on, though we haven't set a start time at Troy's house. If we're going to play BrikWars, we'd better set a Tech Level, so I know which one of my armies to (...) (24 years ago, 7-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.oh.cle)

  RE: Next get-together

(...) Hmm, I'm not so keen on vehicles without engines (and I have no clue where my horses are) Assuming it's not against the rules, I have no objection to an undead army in a present-day situation :) --Bram Bram Lambrecht bram@cwru.edu (URL) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.oh.cle)

  Re: Next get-together

(...) Hey, I might be able to go. If we are planning on playing Brik Wars, what's the average soldier count per army? I do not know how BW works though. -- dataAndrew (URL) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.oh.cle)

  Re: Next get-together

(...) Pick a time and genre. (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.oh.cle)

  Re: Next get-together

(...) I don't know about actually using the supernatural rules. I was thinking of fielding an army that just happened to be all skeletons, but they acted and costed the same as regular soldiers. Getting into the Supernatural stuff (unless it's a (...) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.oh.cle)

  Re: Next get-together

(...) TL2 with fantasy elements sounds fun. Sounds like we all need to read the Supernatural rules. BTW, is anyone up for a small game on Saturday/Sunday this week? Later, Gino A... (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.oh.cle)

  Re: Next get-together

Yeah, that shouldn't be a problem. (the ride, that is) Trust me, Bram, as long as Gino doesn't get too worked up over the rules (what's that, a pot calling the kettle black? Nah...) it should be plenty of fun, even for the novice. Adrian (...) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.oh.cle)

  Re: Next get-together

I think we ought to play BrikWars. Now whether it will be TL3 or something higher, I don't know. For some reason, i have the hankering to field an Undead Ninja army :) All those skeletons, with ninja headgear, katana, that cool samurai armor... (...) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.oh.cle)

  Re: Next get-together

It's sounding like March 10 is a good day for everyone, so it seems safe to settle on that. My basement is available, all i need to know is what we are planning, so I can configure properly for it. Troy Adrian Drake <tremor@apk.net> wrote in message (...) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.oh.cle)

  RE: Next get-together

I've never played BrikWars, but I don't necessarily mind learning :) The 10th is good for me too. Just let me know what I should bring. Is your ride offer still good, Adrian? If so, thanks a bunch, --Bram Bram Lambrecht bram@cwru.edu (URL) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.oh.cle)

  Re: Next get-together

MArch 10th would be good for me, too... and i think between things i might be able to field a higher TL force.... if you let me use all my lightsabers.... Eric J Sherwood mistysky@worldnet.att.net "You will kneel before her at her altar in the (...) (24 years ago, 2-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.oh.cle)

  Re: Next get-together

(...) I might be interested in doing another gig over the weekend. Let me check with the boss and see what we're doing this weekend. Later, Gino A... (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.oh.cle)

  Re: Next get-together

(...) Bah. I'd join in but I play racquetball on Thursdays, and one of my Lenten sacrifices is to not skip any of my workout appointments unless I really really have to. Do it this weekend and I can join in. I'll bring all my Princess Storms along (...) (24 years ago, 1-Mar-01, to lugnet.loc.us.oh.cle)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact