 Local / United States / New York / Syracuse / 70
69  |  71
Subject:
My FOTY (Was: Ames 75% Off Sale...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ny.syr
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 11:10:24 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ny.syr, John Robert Blaze Kanehl writes:
I think I am done w/ my Star Wars shopping onslaught...

FYI:
I have hit the stores at Carousel, Fairmount, B-ville, Route 57, and
Dewitt ( I didn't buy anything)

I have been buying the big sets (X+Y+B wings,Destroyers, Battle Droids, Sith
Infltrators, and Slave 1s) I generally left half the inventory of each set.

A couple employees and custoers behind me in line were noticing my purchases
and commenting they may stock-up for Christmas soon...

                           John

I got a Tie/Y AND a Naboo Fighter at Dewitt, Grand Total?
$18.79!!!! FOTY!  The woman at the counter called someone
in toys and the manager.  I showed her the ad.  I think
the sales people are having a tough time with this is
that no one is taking advantage of it, Therefore, they
haven't seen the same volume of Lego Star Wars as
Hasbro or Galoob Star Wars.  Her first reaction was that
the sale was on "the other stuff, not the Lego"  Anyway,
Dewitt had a good selection of System, not much Technic
though.  I did have to dig for the Naboo Fighter, so
look behind the newer stock for the old stuff, good luck!
-John Rudy