 Local / United States / New York / Syracuse / 187
186  |  188
Subject:
ROLLCALL! (Re: There are other afols in Syracuse?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ny.syr
Date:
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 22:33:27 GMT

Well Josh, if you like trains there are 2-3 Train creators around here (not
including me, I collect too many themes already...trains would br too much)

It's been awhile since we have done a rollcall in this group...

Here we go:

Name: John
eBay id: johnnyblaze44
Location:  Baldwinsville (10 mins north of Carousel)
Favorite Themes:  Castle (esp. Ninja), Space, SW
Webpages:  Ninjada (Fantasy Castle Epic project)
           SCORCHED-EARTH (Sci-Fi Spy creations)
*  There are links listed in posts to this group

Personal:  I may be leaving Syracuse soon ... job prospects blow here ...
gotta keep moving = )

In lugnet.loc.us.ny.syr, Alan Demlow writes:
I live in Ithaca (about an hour away), but have met with Johnny a couple of
times to swap stuff.

It was fun to meet another living breathing AFOL.  Alan is quite an expert
at "forensic Lego sciences" = )
(I have also met Wayne when I auctioned off my trains)

No guarantees I could make it up for a get-together, but
it sounds like fun be interested.  There are a few AFOL's out here, but like
everything else in upstate, we're pretty spread out!

I would say we are VERY few + VERY thinly spread... from Rochester to Utica
... all the other NY lugnetters are around NYC and some hang with the jersey
boys GARDENSLUG...

So, let's hear a bit more about you, if you don't mind...you a student, or
working in the area or what?

Inquiring minds want to know...

Any significant others around?  (cats
count--almost at least--right, John? :-)

Of course cats count!  (NOT in THAT way )
Alan actually went and found himself a wife who doen't crige atthe sound and
site of hundreds of pounds of Lego being sorted... She even bought you a
train, right alan?

  What Lego theme are you into the
most?

Alan

Good idea Alan!  we should have done another rollcall awhile ago.  Heck, we
may even have our first discussion in this group that lasts more than a day...

                John

In lugnet.loc.us.ny.syr, Joshua Cirinna writes:
I thought I was the only one in this area!  We should get together sometime!
I have a big loft apartment positively crammed with legos, and I think it
would be a good place for a little party.  we could have food and whatnot.
It would be cool! or we could go or meet somewhere else. I seriously thought
I was the only lego fan in the syracuse area! then I saw some posts about
the new sets coming into the dewitt tru and I was all like HEY! thats my
Toys R Us!  so follow up to this post or email me directly if anyones
interested in this, I think it could be a lot of fun.
See-ya soon!
josh