 Local / United States / New York / Syracuse / 106
Re: How 'bout we start a lug...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ny.syr
Date:
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 18:59:12 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ny.syr, John Rudy writes:
In lugnet.loc.us.ny.syr, Ed McGlynn writes:
*snip*

Might we, insted of having a formal meeting,
want to have a "see what everyone looks like" type
of thing?  Maybe in a mall food court?
Great Northern, Shoppingtown or the like?
Bring 1 or more creations to share.  Informal,
just to say "HI!"  Just an idea.
-John Rudy

Sounds OK to me - I prefer Carousel since I'd be coming in from near
Rochester.

I live in B-ville, so Carosel is 15 mins or less for me also...not to
mention there is a KB and a Noodle-Kidoodle to check out...

Ed, my sister lives in West Bloofield....it's about 60-80 mins from the
Victor exit on 90 to Carousel for her ...

Hopefully I'll have a creation to survive the trip to share!

Hoefully, I will have something small enough and cool enough that is worth
sharing...

Ed

Anyone else with some input?  Lets hear some chatter!
This group was rocking a while ago, what happened?
John, Wayne, anybody?  I feel like we've gone down
hill ever since the lug idea.

Not at all...I just haven't been in town and on-line often lately...the
thunderstorms here screwed up my phone service so I didn't have e-bay/lugnet
access the few days I was home...I have spet the entire weekend catchng up
on 30 or more closed auction notices...I think a Lug is a good idea, but
everyone has their own logistics/life issues...

For me, auctioning/selling Lego is paying the rent...I haven't had much time
to build or relax lately..

Maybe it's that a

computer means a shield that can hide your face,
maybe your afraid to meet in person.  It's time to
get over that.  Life isn't hiding.

If you saw the places I go to relax and the people I hang with...trust
me...you would be more afraid to meet me...lol

Life is playing
lego and sharing the wealth [1]!!!  I mentioned a
mall because of these fears.  It's a nice neutral
place.  Hopefully we can get something going here.
I was really excited to see that loc.syr delurked,
but now i'm sad to see nothing happening.  I was
hoping for something impossible, I guess.  Jesus,
we were going so well too!
-A discouraged John Rudy

Don't be disouraged, good things take time...I'm 30...I had to wait 15-20
years to find other people that share my hobby...

[1]  Grey straight (SP?) road baseplates for sale
at Small World in Shoppingtown mall, 6.99 or around
that price,I know these are a hot comodity. Leg godt!
and Jouer Bien!

I see there has been alot of discussion in my absence = )

"Life got in the way" for me the last 2 weeks...I have been travelling
extensively interviewing for a new job and trying to keep up with my auction
closings, etc...

The bright side, I was in a store in NJ and picked up a 5988 Pharoah's
Forbidden Ruins for under $40 plus a half dozen Ninja sets at 60% off or more...

I think Loc.syr is doing just fine...I made an informal pledge to post at
least once a week ...I have missed a couple I guess, but everyone else seems
to be posting frequently...

I have no problem w/ meeting Lego fans...hey, the bars I eat, drink, play
pool and darts at are more frightening than meeting anybody from the on-line
Lugnet community...lol

Ed suggested Carousel Mall, that's fine by me...although I'm a little light
on "small creations"...lol