 Local / United States / New York / Syracuse / 99
Re: How 'bout we start a lug...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ny.syr
Date:
Fri, 16 Jun 2000 00:49:03 GMT

I truely feel like an Idiot because I looked at your design and said
What the heck is that suppose to be?? heheh. Its funny what A beer
can make you see. I then realized it was a pict of NY with Highlighted
colors of CNY. Not bad. I'm just not a big fan of Tan. HEHEH that rhymes!

Anyhow, I do like the logo, I am going to make a CNYlug Boxcar tonight and
see if I can get that pattern in there.

As far as starting one (CNYLUG). I have thought about it, however my life gets
irractic sometimes and I just don't want to deal with things. I would suggest
that we start on a lighter note to see if the interest persists for the rest
of summer.

The way the web is today, we can almost do everything via Computer. The only
thing missing is the Social get together. My only problem is were I am living
right now. I am bumming it on campus because its the cheapest place to live
plus I gain a few bonuses for being here. So me hosting might be a problem.
If I had a bigger place I would be happy to host it.

My other questions would be how others feel about doing this. I know one of my
biggest other issues is work, I am a little to dedicated to my work and tend to
work about 50 more hours then I need to a week. I know some other people have
similar issues with work...significant other.... so I say anyone else have any
Comments?

Wayne

In lugnet.loc.us.ny.syr, John Rudy writes:
In lugnet.loc.us.ny.syr, John Rudy writes:
I've been mulling this for a while, why don't
we try to organize a Lug over the summer.  We
could call ourselves CNYLUG, Central New York
Lego User's Group.I'm out of school now, so
our first meeting could be any night that works
for whoever is hosting.  I think that there are
enough of us to get something going here.  I
imagine you guys can come up with some of the
logistics, you do have seniority and things
to work around and such.  I just ask one thing,
Please!!include me!?! I know i'm only 15, and
generally Lugs don't let the younger crowd in,
but I'm not a hyper 5 year old that Wooshes 12
piece space ships around.  Thank you and keep
me up to date.
-John Rudy
From the grand old town of Pompey, NY

BTW, I have to toot my school's horn, we now hold
the Section 3 class D NYS baseball championship!!

Here's a logo idea I've been working on:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=TJJohn12

-John Rudy