 Local / United States / New York / Syracuse / 104
Re: How 'bout we start a lug...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ny.syr
Date:
Mon, 19 Jun 2000 18:42:58 GMT

Hey John - that brings up an idea - perhaps we should meet at a mall with a
store that actually has some decent LEGO stock so we could all check it out for
some new-old-stock items like the road plates.  Carousel only has Ames, and I
don't consider them too cool for LEGO.  By the way, were the plates the type
without bike paths, or with?  I'd meet at Shoppingtown just to check Small
World again.  I haven't been there in years.

Have patience with the locals on a Monday - things easily get swamped for most
individuals who don't have the summer off!  :^)

Thanks,
Ed

In lugnet.loc.us.ny.syr, John Rudy writes:
In lugnet.loc.us.ny.syr, Ed McGlynn writes:
*snip*

Might we, insted of having a formal meeting,
want to have a "see what everyone looks like" type
of thing?  Maybe in a mall food court?
Great Northern, Shoppingtown or the like?
Bring 1 or more creations to share.  Informal,
just to say "HI!"  Just an idea.
-John Rudy

Sounds OK to me - I prefer Carousel since I'd be coming in from near • Rochester.
Hopefully I'll have a creation to survive the trip to share!

Ed

Anyone else with some input?  Lets hear some chatter!
This group was rocking a while ago, what happened?
John, Wayne, anybody?  I feel like we've gone down
hill ever since the lug idea.  Maybe it's that a
computer means a shield that can hide your face,
maybe your afraid to meet in person.  It's time to
get over that.  Life isn't hiding.  Life is playing
lego and sharing the wealth [1]!!!  I mentioned a
mall because of these fears.  It's a nice neutral
place.  Hopefully we can get something going here.
I was really excited to see that loc.syr delurked,
but now i'm sad to see nothing happening.  I was
hoping for something impossible, I guess.  Jesus,
we were going so well too!
-A discouraged John Rudy

[1]  Grey straight (SP?) road baseplates for sale
at Small World in Shoppingtown mall, 6.99 or around
that price,I know these are a hot comodity. Leg godt!
and Jouer Bien!