 Local / United States / North Carolina / Raleigh / 115
  train club

Is there any interest for a NC Lego train club? Jimmy (25 years ago, 23-Jul-99, to lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral)

  Re: train club

What are you proposing? A club on the scale of PNLTC where members build complex sections for a large layout or something on a smaller scale? I would be interested but at this time I can't contribute much as I don't have a train (yet, hoping to (...) (25 years ago, 24-Jul-99, to lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral)

  Re: train club

(...) I'd like it to be as large as the PNLTC, but I don't think we have enough people for anything very large. Although it could be a goal to shoot for. (25 years ago, 26-Jul-99, to lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral)

  Re: train club

James Beerman wrote in message ... (...) Absolutely... Frank (25 years ago, 2-Aug-99, to lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral)

  Re: train club

I checked the Great American Train Show schedule. They're coming here October 30th. We could possibly do something for that. I guess we would need to start our club first. Jimmy (25 years ago, 2-Aug-99, to lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral, lugnet.loc.us.nc)

  Re: train club

Any idea what the exhibition cost is? I recently picked up a couple of train cars so I am hooked. Still don't have any track or engines but I suspect it is just a matter of time. Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com (URL) Beerman wrote in message ... (...) (25 years ago, 2-Aug-99, to lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral, lugnet.loc.us.nc)

  Re: train club

(...) From the web page, it says they pay you at least $50 and $400 for first place. They charge $6 to get in for non-presenters. It didn't say if there was an initial charge to display something. go to (URL) (25 years ago, 3-Aug-99, to lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral, lugnet.loc.us.nc)

  Re: train club

I have taken my son to the train show each of the last two years. Last year it was pretty lame, the year before it was pretty good. The number of layouts on display last year went down signigicantly, I don't know why. The show tends to be half flea (...) (25 years ago, 3-Aug-99, to lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral, lugnet.loc.us.nc)

  meeting (was Re: train club)

(...) Maybe we should get together and discuss what each of us could contribute. Jimmy (25 years ago, 3-Aug-99, to lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral, lugnet.loc.us.nc)

  Re: meeting (was Re: train club)

(...) I could certainly supply trains and track, and some structures. I currently don't have the resources to build modular tables, but that could possibly change by the show date (I plan on buying a house in the next few months). A meeting would be (...) (25 years ago, 3-Aug-99, to lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral, lugnet.loc.us.nc)

  Re: meeting (was Re: train club)

(...) year (...) The (...) to (...) baby (...) I might be able to come up with tables. I can meet tomorrow, at my place if you like, but then not again until two weeks from today. Jimmy (25 years ago, 3-Aug-99, to lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral, lugnet.loc.us.nc)

  Re: meeting (was Re: train club)

Tomorrow is no good for me. Next week would be good as I am on vacation all week. Not going anywhere but not going to work either! Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com James Beerman wrote in message ... (...) seemed to (...) the (...) bandwidth (...) (...) (25 years ago, 4-Aug-99, to lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral, lugnet.loc.us.nc)

  Re: meeting (was Re: train club)

Replying to my own post ... Probably the single most important decision to made is on modular tables. To do this right means making a sound decision and learning from the two active train groups (GMTLC and PNTLC). Since I there is no way I could do (...) (25 years ago, 4-Aug-99, to lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral, lugnet.loc.us.nc)

  Re: meeting (was Re: train club)

Mike Walsh wrote in message ... (...) a (...) I agree with Mike, lets go with the PNLTC tables (I think the California folks are going to use this standard also). If we can get together sometime to do an assembly line construction, I'd be happy to (...) (25 years ago, 4-Aug-99, to lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral, lugnet.loc.us.nc)

  Re: meeting (was Re: train club)

I did not see the 4560 set in Sweden, only 4561. I'm not sure luggging a train set back would be very easy either! Those boxes are pretty large. I will take a look while I am there and let you know. I learned from my last trip, I will throw an extra (...) (25 years ago, 4-Aug-99, to lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral, lugnet.loc.us.nc)