 Local / United States / North Carolina / Raleigh / 128
Re: meeting (was Re: train club)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral, lugnet.loc.us.nc
Date:
Wed, 4 Aug 1999 03:10:44 GMT

Mike Walsh wrote in message ...
Replying to my own post ...

Probably the single most important decision to made is on modular tables.
To do this right means making a sound decision and learning from the two
active train groups (GMTLC and PNTLC).  Since I there is no way I could do • a
module of 20K-40K bricks, I think the GMTLC modules are out of the question
but I have looked at the PNTLC web site and think their ideas have a lot of
merit.  Going with someone elses standard makes a whole lot of sense to me.

I agree with Mike, lets go with the PNLTC tables (I think the California
folks are going to use this standard also). If we can get together sometime
to do an assembly line construction, I'd be happy to pay for a share of the
materials. I could probably set the tables on top of my current set up, or
just replace it. A group of us could probably knock together a bunch of
tables in an afternoon.

As far as train stuff to actually supply, I've got 2 pr switches and a horde
of track, 2 controllers (probably soon to be a 3rd, I'm probably going to
bite for one of the new trains (Mike, if the version without controller is
available in Sweden, I'd be interested in you picking me up one, looking at
the parts I think I'd be interested in 2 but I don't need 4 controllers)),6
motors (currently my two large engines use 2 motors each), quite a few cars,
and I could easily cover several modules with structures and scenery.

Mike Walsh wrote in message ...
Tomorrow is no good for me.  Next week would be good as I am on vacation • all
week.  Not going anywhere but not going to work either!

Tomorrow doesn't work for me either.

Frank