 Local / United States / North Carolina / Raleigh / 125
Re: meeting (was Re: train club)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral, lugnet.loc.us.nc
Date:
Tue, 3 Aug 1999 22:24:04 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral, Frank Filz writes:
James Beerman wrote:

In lugnet.loc.us.nc.ral, Mike Walsh writes:
I have taken my son to the train show each of the last two years.  Last • year
it was pretty lame, the year before it was pretty good.  The number of
layouts on display last year went down signigicantly, I don't know why. • The
show tends to be half flea market and half layouts.  Last year it seemed to
me that the flea market portion of the show was much more dominant than the
layout.

Someone would need to take the lead on this as I don't have the bandwidth • to
do it myself.  I'm not sure how much I could participate either other than
building some buildings for a layout.  My wife and I are having another • baby
and that weekend is very close to the due date.  I am somewhat reluctant to
make much of a commitment because I may not be able to keep it.

Mike - mike_walsh@mindspring.com
http://members.tripod.com/mike_walsh

Maybe we should get together and discuss what each of us could contribute.

I could certainly supply trains and track, and some structures. I
currently don't have the resources to build modular tables, but that
could possibly change by the show date (I plan on buying a house in the
next few months).

A meeting would be good, though we may not get too much decided....

--
Frank Filz

Work: mailto:ffilz@us.ibm.com
Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com

I might be able to come up with tables.

I can meet tomorrow, at my place if you like, but then not again
until two weeks from today.

Jimmy