Re: Gathering Saturday 2:00 PM
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.nc
Date:
Sun, 3 Dec 2000 20:45:10 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.nc, Frank Filz writes:
Well, Sheree and I had a good time. We haggled over some Fabuland, I
showed off various recent sets (unfortunately, I haven't had time to sit
down with the Statue of Liberty yet so that was rather unimpressive.
Sheree also took a bunch of boxes off my hands. I haven't put everything
back yet, but I made a serious dent in the volume of saved boxes. A
significant part was played by disposing of something like 20 of the
largest style boxes (which can't easily be folded flat). Sheree also had
some recent acquisitions to show off (of course she now assured some
possible future auction compassion as I got to see that the Fabuland
shutter fits a shutter/door hinge brick. It fits an arched window), and
here version of a double decker bus.

After Sheree left, I went over to Zany Brainy and picked up a bunch of
chrome HTO sets. I also stopped at a couple Shell stations to pick up
small sets (I need to swing by tomorrow when hopefully I will have used
enough gas to be able to get $10 in gas).

Frank

Yes, It was a fun afternoon!  First there was my misadventure on the
*Butterfly Beltway* surrounding Raleigh.  I have been to Frank's before with
no problems, but yesterday I got really turned around. The inner loop and
then the outer loop and then East changes to West and North to South as I
progressed/regressed? around the loops.  After about 10 minutes of this, I
started looking for a landmark.  I had determined by then it would be
necessary to call Frank and have him  talk me in, but first I had to be able
to describe where I was.  Within 30 seconds I spotted a Super K-Mart.  I
figured Frank could instantly give me directions from any source of Lego
within a 30 mile radius.  Of course he knew exactly where I was and after we
both had a good laugh manage to cut through my confusion and direct me to
his home.

So much Lego! So well organized!  The Martian sets, the Velux set,  the
Movie maker sets,  some I don't even know the grouping of, the massive box
of Statue of Liberty elements & the booklet!, the VINTAGE sets !!!!, the
Castles !!!!! 3 6080's , the Pirates!!!!, the TRAINS!!!!!!!! and the
FABULAND I got to take home with me....  And then there are the boxes-
unopened, opened, and flattened.  [I did manage to get the ones Frank gave
me  in my house without too much ado from my darling husband]

I am now convinced I *need* a Ferrari, a Martian set or two and some of the
Movie Maker sets.... My life will be incomplete without them ;-)

Thanks bunches Frank!
sheree

[For those keeping track I didn't get the Fabuland row boat or the yellow
chest or the two yellow umbrellas, but there is always tommorrow... :-) ]