 Local / United States / Michigan / Grand Rapids / 17
16  |  18
Subject:
Learningsmith (was Re: "Willing to buy used LEGO" ad around UM)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.mi.grr
Date:
Mon, 9 Nov 1998 17:57:55 GMT

Once upon a time, Larry Pieniazek wrote:

Steve Bliss wrote:

Just wanted to be sure you were paying attention.

Larry sees all, knows all, says little.

<insert snappy comeback that I will think of about 5 minutes after
pressing the Send button>

obLocal: Picked up Mindstorms yesterday, from Learningsmith.
Surprisingly, the price was the same ($199) as TRU.  Didn't check any
other locations.  We had a coupon for a 20% discount.

Wait, did you actually pay 160 then?? That would be sweet. Where did you
get the coupon. I plan to get another RCX but had been holding out for a
price less than 200...

Yep, $160.  We got the coupon in the mail.  Actually, it was the
second 20% coupon we got from them.  We might have gotten on a mailing
list because we wandered into the store when if first opened, and
filled out some registration form.  If that's the case, you can
probably sign up for mailings at any Learningsmith counter.

If I get another coupon, I'll let you (Larry) know.

Why don't you buy the RCX from DACTA?  The starter set is a better
value, but DACTA's ala carte RCX is cheaper.

Steve