 Local / United States / Massachusetts / Boston / 249
Re: Lego from Italy
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos
Date:
Wed, 25 Aug 1999 09:18:41 GMT

In lugnet.loc.us.ma.bos, Eric Kingsley writes:

This is a very generous offer from Mario and I know many of us will want to
take advantage of it.  We should try and not weigh Mario down however and I • let
him know that if I was asking for more than he can carry to let me know and I
would cancel or reduce my request.

One thing I told Mario was that if things packed easier out of the Box that I
don't care about the Box and he could just bring me the bags and Instructions.

Don't worry too much about the weight. I'll fly with a small hand luggage
containing everything I need to survive some days in the Boston area (and a
small "creature" to show at the MindFest :-) ), and I'll take the largest case
I can find to bring home some Lego not available here. I'm allowed to carry up
to 20kg on the plane, my brother Giulio who comes with me can carry his 20kg,
and 40kg (88lbs) makes a lot of Legos!

Giving a second thought to my offer, I think I better make a survey at the
local stores to see what I find and come back to this newsgroup with a list
(and prices). I'd just like to know what *themes* you're interested in so I
can save some time not checking let's say Aquazone if nobody cares about it.
Many theme that have been discontinued in the US from some years are still on
our shelves: Castles, Pirates, Western. They're no more present in the 1999
Italian catalog so they're bound to disappear from our stores too.
As I already told you, the prices will likely seem bad to you, but not as bad
as Ebay's!

I offered Eric Kingsley to send him some Italian catalogs, and Eric Joslin
should already have some. The Lego Service catalog (sort of S@H) may deserve a
look too. I know it contains some items not easily available in the US, like
the firing (spring loaded) cannons (5134), the Technic Flex System (5118) and
some slopes (633).

As for the boxes, before throwing them away I can take the bags out and
flatten them. Probably they don't take too much space this way.

Mario

http://www.geocities.com/~marioferrari